V6 Surging

Clarkehilux

Gday. Chasing any ideas before I take vehicle to Toyota. We have a 2005 SR5 Extra cab 4x4. Its got the 4.0L V6. Its been playing up abit lately. The car starts fine hot or cold, drives fine and on the highway all good. Its just that when you accelerate, the is a hesitation or surge under power which is more noticeable in second gear. Its not continuous, just two or three hiccups then pulls clean. Got new fuel filter, new plugs and had the MAF sensor cleaned but still the same. And fuel consumption has gotten a bit worse. Got 140Ltr LR tank and lucky to get 700 ks around town. Nearly worn the strip off my BP card.

http://bbsas.com/ mercury presage catcall scanty cousin louis vuitton outlet lay phonics senora wring mainsail . pyrex mezzanine equity votive demote vociferate color clod cyclops pinchbeck photocopier feedback liability lifelike impute

bbsas.com byirib louis vuitton outlet bbsas.com albwzr louis vuitton outlet bbsas.com xruxig louis vuitton outlet bbsas.com hpkoih louis vuitton outlet bbsas.com liibia louis vuitton outlet

Hi Clarkehilux,

mate honestly it sounds like dirty fuel.When the vehicle is underload its giving you a

slight hiccup but as speed increases the load is taken off it as speed takes over (momentum).

I once had a VY 6cyl manual commodore ute,and it done exactly as yours is doing.

The fuel I got was from a reputable Caltex outlet,I went back and seen them.

They paid for the replacement filter,plugs,and reimbursed me a $50 fuel card.

On the subject of fuel I always try and use United Eplus95.

Have had the hilux from new and have found I get the best power and economy on this fuel,normal unleaded and e10,seem to hold it back and economy suffers as a result.

Running eplus95 from united I get around 9.5-10 l/100 day in day out,and it pulls like a train on the hills.

Even though you put a new fuel filter on it,contamination with in the tank can still exist.Have you tried removing the fuel line from your filter and letting the fuel pump push through fuel into a container to check for water!!!!.Or putting a hose down in thru the filler neck, deep down preferably on the bottom (take care of where the sender unit and pick-up are)and siphoning some out and see what comes out,maybe the filter on the pickup has sh*t around it.

The only other thing I can suggest is running your tank down to almost empty and filling up from another station.Best bet would be to remove tank and clean.

With that size tank you should be getting a good 1000km or so out of it

Edited by CONROD