Gearbox Trouble

Hello All,

I havn't posted for a long time, been caught up with a new job. Looks like there are as alot more sportivo owners scince my last post.

Anyway, I have just hit 20k in my rolla, and i have had the the gearbox looked at twice. After i ran my car in, i posted up some vids of me landing 1st - 2nd gear change in lift. I know find the gear box is not up for the task anymore, it seems hard to shift from 1st to second without having to concertrate 1000% (in lift only).

Toyota tried to fix the problem, they said it was bent or stretched linkages from the leaver to the gear box. They mildly fixed the problem, but its still there.

I wonder how much worse the gearbox will get??

Hello All,

I havn't posted for a long time, been caught up with a new job. Looks like there are as alot more sportivo owners scince my last post.

Anyway, I have just hit 20k in my rolla, and i have had the the gearbox looked at twice. After i ran my car in, i posted up some vids of me landing 1st - 2nd gear change in lift. I know find the gear box is not up for the task anymore, it seems hard to shift from 1st to second without having to concertrate 1000% (in lift only).

Toyota tried to fix the problem, they said it was bent or stretched linkages from the leaver to the gear box. They mildly fixed the problem, but its still there.

I wonder how much worse the gearbox will get??

I have an 04 Stivo with 2500kms and i had the problem from day 1. Hard to shift whne i get near 8000rpm. Shifting at 7000rpm is fine, and this happens in 1st and 2nd gear. Don't know about the other gears because i never revved it out in 3rd yet, but was told by people to let the gearbox clock a few more kms but apparently you have clocked 20000kms! So i have a problem and now my Stivo won't rev past 8000rpm :( What the hell is going on!

Was one of my complaints bro... Been fixed good an proper now though.. :o

What did they say it was? It almost feels like the syncros have **** themselves.

Hope it's nothing major... :unsure:

It took his stivo to clap out before they took it seriously. :lol: