passenger door wont automatically unlock on my Aurion

mgh4me

Could someone please tell me if there is a fault with my new 08/12 Aurion ATX.

Theres a built in security feature that automatically locks doors if they remain closed for 30 seconds.

The problem I have is that when you want to exit the vehicle after ignition is turned off only the drivers side auto unlocks the rest of the doors remain locked unless you press the unlock button on the remote or the unlock switch on the drivers side door.

Is this normal and if so can the option be changed so that every door auto unlocks when you turn off the car.

The owners manual provides no solution.

Sorry mate wouldnt have the faintest,Problably have to get the guys from Toyota service dept to do it with their plug and play gizmos.Ask next when you take it in for a service.Or send ADAMSY on this TOC site a message.He,s a Aurion wizz

could be many reason as to why the passenger and rear doors don't unlock at once.

one guess is play with the key.

Mines a smart keyless system so i don't know if it will work on yours.

But press and hold the lock and the unlock button on the key at the same time.. wait a few seconds and you'll here a beep or multiple beeps.

then press the unlock button once and see if all the doors open.. if it doesn't repeat the step again and try and see if they open.

if it doesn't work then just take it to toyota they will have a look

Edited by REBZTRD

when you mean automatically unlock, do you mean, by not touching anything at all, and instantaneously after ignition is turned off?

what i find common in today's toyota cars are that:

- once driving above 20 or something kms, and you have not locked your doors, all doors will automatically lock for you (as seen in the recent camrys.)

- if you unlock your car (with the remote, not sure with driver's control panel) and any door has not been opened within 30 seconds it will automatically lock up again, which you've mentioned. in general preset setting for the cars security (alarm, central locking etc, is 30 secs)

-with smart entry cars, doors will always automatically unlock and stay unlocked, whilst the key, is within proximity (ie door handle, or inside the area of the car.)

- when the car is in the locked position, the driver's side will always be unlocked, in the sense that, it will allow you to open the drivers side door, with the handle, without pressing any unlock buttons, when in the locked position, as said above.

the last one always gets to me, forgetting to unlock the doors, going to the boot to get something, realizing its still locked, having to remotely unlock it again.

sorry mate, id have to be a bit clueless on this one, i guess if still in doubt, have it checked out with your dealership

Edited by RichardZR

Thanks for your help guys. Problem solved by going to links provided by Trent. You can change the feature through the touch screen display ( should have read my manual more carefully).