Rattle fixed

I took my car in at 3000km to fix a few niggles:

(1) Rattle in the dash/centre console between 4000-5000rpm

(2) Brake squeal in reverse

(3) Some kind of rhythmic scraping at the right front (wheel bearing or brakes?), but this only happens when I'm turning a corner and the car is cold

They fixed (1) as I had positively identified this prob as the gear selection cable, and they adjusted the "clips and brackets".

To address (2) they removed and inspected the brake pads, and applied anti-squeal. I didn't know there was such a product.

(3) they couldn't replicate and suggest I monitor it, and leave the car overnight so they can check it first thing if it gets worse.

Overall, I've been very happy with the service (Northpoint Toyota, SA). Don't know if they'd give me a new engine if I blew mine like Exec6Speed though.....

i do not think dealerships have the authority to supply and install a new engine under warranty. i understand the dealer would write a letter to toyota australia for authorisation.

if there are many letters for new engine authorisation i believe toyota australia will get tough on granting authorisation.

i understand subaru australia got tough on wrx owners who were returning because of engine problems. many had aftermarket exhaust but replaced it with stock before going to the dealer for warranty. subaru australia did not like this.

I will be going to Toyota soon with 2 major problems and that is with the gearbox being hard to shift at around 8000rpm and engine not revving past 8000rpm. I was able to do it before so i think it is a problem :( !

I will be going to Toyota soon with 2 major problems and that is with the gearbox being hard to shift at around 8000rpm and engine not revving past 8000rpm. I was able to do it before so i think it is a problem :( !

MY car used to chirp 1st and 2nd changes. Now the gearbox is wont go into gear easy past 7500rpm... What the hell is with that? The car was fabulos untill about 5k ago. I will be very upset if they cannot fix this problem :angry:

I will be going to Toyota soon with 2 major problems and that is with the gearbox being hard to shift at around 8000rpm and engine not revving past 8000rpm.  I was able to do it before so i think it is a problem :( !

MY car used to chirp 1st and 2nd changes. Now the gearbox is wont go into gear easy past 7500rpm... What the hell is with that? The car was fabulos untill about 5k ago. I will be very upset if they cannot fix this problem :angry:

With your Stivo, are u able to rev past 8200rpm? My Stivo is wierd, it sometimes revs to 8200 and sometimes cuts revs at 8000-8100rpm. And the shifting is really a problem, still unsable to shift smoothly even with nearly 3000kms. The shifter feels jammed sometimes at very high revs. The Stivo i test drove was great to shift and i chirped the tyres on the 1-2 shift too. I think i will request Toyota to check the car all over to make sure there are no problems with it. Was your car a demo or was it a brand spanking new one? And how did you run it in, like with the engine and gearbox? Maybe that made a difference?

Zee