I began my vehicle search over 1 year ago and was ready to buy this time last year, but paused thinking that the holiday season could cause delays and end up having the vehicle sit on the wharf etc.

The sale went through mid February 2012 and the vehicle arrived at the compliancing yard [Qldimports] on March 30 2012.

And it is still there, waiting to be complied.

The Tarago in my mind is a Van designed with car handling characteristics rather than handling like a truck. My tall frame fits nicely and if need be there is plenting of room to sleep in the back - actually I have carried 2.4x1200 sheets flat on the floor.

I like the Tarago, I like it as a Van (not as a bus).

My present van had not been well looked after, its got head troubles or something, water was in the oil early on, but I've put kits in. But when its hot and I stop steam and oil seem to vent from the motor - its a horrible smell. in the last couple of months I think that the fuel pump has gone - as it farts and pings during acceleration. I've thought of advancing the TPS - but I cant get a screw driver onto the screws from above. My present car should have retired in July, but I have to keep it going now.

I chose to import a 1998 TCR11W with 77,000Km, Supercharged and Woodgrain Dash, this is the 2WD version with independent rear suspension and Captains Chairs in the second row. It has no sun or moon roof (we get enough sun in Qld and who needs an extra 40Kg roof weight).

its a pity that those 'Juicey and Sapceship' people immported the Vans and not some car enthusiast who wanted to follow with what the Japs Custom car clubs did to these Vans. I, like so many before me have to have the van turned into a Campervan, sure all I want is a two or 4 seater - but as a custom van, not with stove and bed.

Late april I started enquiring with Qldimports as to when my Van would be complied and ready for me to pick up, They said that the inspectors were due next week

And every time I rang I have been getting the same reply. They said something about that they were being investigated by the department - RAWS admin.

In June I got my Local MP onto it, He got me Mark Tyrrell's phone number at DoTARS/ RAWS admin. Mark said he could not comment about Qldimports - wether or not thay had submitted my Van for compliancing. he said that I should talk to the Principle (Director) at Qldimports Mr Maurice Morrisey.

Turns out that Maurice Morrisey is a Barrister and has an email address at the Qld Bar Association.

July I wrote to the Qld Office of Fair Trade (OFT)

Early August I took a day off work and flew to Brisbane (from Townsville) to see the Van (since its arrival I had not seen it)

I had previously 'Google street viewed' Qldimports, I caught the train to South Bne and walked to the yard. I could not see my Van out the front or inside when I walked past, so I went around the back and found it sitting in the rear laneway - in the weather! It still had the white grease marks on the windscreen from shipping and was looking tarnished and dirty.

One of the captains Chairs had been unbolted and the seat shroud was on the back row seats and the chair lying on the floor.

I told them that I wanted it as a Van, but they said I should regerster it as a 7 seater so as to get better resale value, I said the Van was not for sale, that it was to replace my present dying Van

I made contact inside and asked what was happening to my Van, they said they had done work on it and fixed things and that other parts would need to be bought.

No expected time of completion could be given, that we were waiting on the department.

I rang Mark Tyrrell from outside and someone else from that office advised that I should contact Mr Robert Hogan (the name on the import papers)

Mr Hogan bounced my email to Mark Tyrrell.

on the way back to the airport OFT rang and said that they would act on my behalf.

OFT emailed Mr Maurice Morrisey - the Principle at Qldimports, OFT told me that Mr Morrisey was taken ill and was uncontactable.

OFT gave up 2 weeks later, said I did not have a case.

Mr Morrisey Rang me a couple of days later asked me to wite him a letter that said I was happy with Qldimports and he said he could have my car done the following week. I've written twice since then.

Mr Morrisey had actually written a letter to me and it was enroute when we spoke on the phone.

In my letters and when we spoke on the phone I told Mr Morriseyt that OFT had given up and would not persue any further.

All through October 'Jenny' the recepetionist/ telephonist said that she had submitted my Van on a number of Occasions, but the deopartment was ignoring it, ignoring the cars and only letting some of the Motorbikes through.

It was November that 'Joe' 'who would take all of my calls' said with a fresh voice that it was the department that we were waiting on, the cause of the delays.

Then Joe told me that a Coaster Bus had been passed in December, then a Couple of Nissan Cubes were going through.

I again tried to explain that this Van was my daily ride, that I needed it to replace my aged van.

I wrote to Mr's Hogan and Tyrrell again to see if the process could be hurried in any way, but they've possibly gone on a nice driving holiday while I again sit at home, my life on hold while I contemplate things I could do to these people (physically)