Hi there....New to celica ownership!

71dmo

Hi all

Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for the informative topics!

I've been without a car for a few months and have just been gifted a 1996 Celica SX. I have driven it a few years ago....but wasn't responsible for maintenance back then! It sat in the driveway for a few years, and this morning it was up and running again.

Fingers crossed it will pass the RWC tomorrow arvo and then I can register it and start whizzing around in my sporty little car!

Being a non-mechanically minded kinda gal, I do have a few questions (and I apologise in advance - some of them may seem numpty!!).

Anything else I should check after it's been sitting for so long? We did all the fluids, replaced filters, plugs, leads, new battery and replaced the old stubby holder with a new air intake hose, brakes are in good condition and only needed one little hose replaced from deteriorisation in the engine (don't ask me which one - I wouldn't have a clue LOL), and of course - new windscreen wipers. The clutch gave us a bit of grief, went in and stayed there. But a fluid change and few pumps on it and a gravity bleed fixed that. Actually feels better than it did 3 years ago! Anything else I should check?

I do need to buy a bracket/brace to hold the battery, the old one has gone missing. Any good wreckers for Celicas in Brisbane? (I'm in Redlands/bayside).

Also, the heat protector bonnet lining is almost cactus. Any recommendations for somewhere to get a new one?

The aircon wasn't working when it was last on the road, so I will have to get that fixed to. I have a vague memory that it needed the compressor replaced.

Thanks in advance!