buying xb parts from ebay or online

Stua76

Hi Guys,

My Rukus is now rebadged to a scion xb.

Loving it heaps at the moment.

have ordered some LEDs for the inside, straight out swap with the globes.

The question i have is, My Rukus build 2, 2010 built.

I kn ow there are some differences between the 2010 and 2011 models.

Do i order stuff from the scion xb 2010 model?

Any info would be handy.

Also how hard would it be to make a wiring harness for DRLs for the side vents?

Would a Supercheap auto kit about $20 be fine?

Thanks.

Hey Stuart,

Depending at what your buying there are slight differences between our 2010 and the US 2010.... Anything to do with the body of the car including fogs and drls will hav to come from a 2011+ xB... Engine & suspension remain the same.. And I'm sure you know this but with interior always remember the right hand vs left hand drive... As for the supercheap kit your referring to I'm not 100% on that as I don't know the product... It shouldn't be too hard to make a custom loom though... I made a loom for my fogs on my Rukus just a relay really...

Chris

• 6 months later...

First of all what made you rebadge & Change it to a Scion.? i mean if you were not happy then i guess you did it for many reasons, but i myself couldn't even imagine rebadging it to a Scion i would feel like i was losing my Car's Identity you know what i mean, not quite Sure what Sex my Car is but think it is Female as we have so much in Common :spiteful: i myself when looking on line for parts & to Modify i Look at Scion XB as there seems to be nothing here for the Rukus, from the Beginning i had to Shop online coz they not make them any more which made me a little angry as it was only a new Model & here i was stuck with the dilemma of finding Parts & wondering why my Halo didn't have what most Rukus Builds were having for example the arm rest inside. today i was informed that if i would like to get arm rest for the Halo i would have to take the Whole Compartment out & refit another so that the arm rest will fit only $800 Dollars later i didn't see the need for an arm rest. at the moment i will be buying XB Mudflaps as you guessed it you are unable to Buy for the Halo they Just don't make them for what ever Reason, & the amount of Black spots & Tar & Grime that comes with Driving gets Splashed up against side of my Baby & can be unsightly & not to mention Damaging the Paint work. so i feel is a Necessity to have Mud Flaps fitted will let you know how that Goes, i am looking forward to it having Scion XB parts on my Halo well if you think about it is the Same Car with Different Badge names, but i couldn't imagine Calling my Halo Rukus any other Name :D

Hi Sonia. I have been lucky enough to travel to the USA alot over the years. the Scion XB has been a hit there since the early 2000's. Everytime we went I saw them and just fell in love with them.

So finally when the Rukus came to AUS. I said to my wife we must get one. With the scion badges being so cheap. I though why not? I guess it makes us remember of the USA. I have not done much more to her for the last few months. I was able to buy on ebay a scion rear bumper cover. Id like to get XB door sills and DRLs.

Oh Woww that is so amazing to have the Chance to Travel to the other Side of the World & see how they Live & Drive :D Yes the Scion XB has been a Huge Hit over in the USA & wish it would

Be a Hit here in Australia, but People here are not so Appreciative or Understanding, they take a long time to get used to Change & especially when it comes to our Beloved Cars. I Would Dearly Love to Travel to the States & Check out their Awesome Cars but mostly i too am a big fan of the Scion XB. You are Just Like me as soon as you saw it You Just Knew you had to have one there was Just no way around it. Woww The Scion Badges are Cheap that is Great, then Why are Toyota Badges so Expensive. few Weeks ago i just Bought another Front Grill Toyota Badge for the Rukus Halo as i had a Man 24Kt Gold Plate the Badge he is Living in Sydney & my Halo is now in the Work Shop Smash Repairs having Few Repaint Jobs & they have already attached the Gold Badge & it does Look Pretty amazing. if you are needing anything Gold Plated for your Scion let us Know Will Give you all his Details, even if you are living in another State. Hmm So Your Scion is a She ;) think mine too is a she You Just get that Feeling. Do You get on E-Bay at all.? there is so much Scion XB Products that i am thinking about Ordering Mudflaps for the Halo which will Fit & maybe Spend a little more Money as i can't seem to Stop. when i see something for my Halo i go a little Crazy :D i am so Happy for you making it into a Scion think you would be the only one here in Australia who has a Scion now that is Pretty Special. Life is Way too Short, what ever makes you Happy Just Do it & My Halo Brings me Happiness. i am thinking about Ordering Prestige Plates even though will be a little Pricey hoping that will become a Reality Before the End of the Year Will Keep You Posted. Wish you Happy Driving your Beautiful Scion May she Bring Much Love into Your Life :D

Yeah they won't fit... The new 2013 xb has side vent drls though so maybe wait a little while and get them... As seen in this thread http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/39503-scion-xb-updated-for-2013-model-year/

Hey Stuart take a look at http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/39412-daytime-light-on-rukus/ I've posted links to a DRL that fits those bumper spaces (at least looks like) and the instruction manual, I'll be buying them this week :)

Oh Woww that is so amazing to have the Chance to Travel to the other Side of the World & see how they Live & Drive :D Yes the Scion XB has been a Huge Hit over in the USA & wish it would

Be a Hit here in Australia, but People here are not so Appreciative or Understanding, they take a long time to get used to Change & especially when it comes to our Beloved Cars. I Would Dearly Love to Travel to the States & Check out their Awesome Cars but mostly i too am a big fan of the Scion XB. You are Just Like me as soon as you saw it You Just Knew you had to have one there was Just no way around it. Woww The Scion Badges are Cheap that is Great, then Why are Toyota Badges so Expensive. few Weeks ago i just Bought another Front Grill Toyota Badge for the Rukus Halo as i had a Man 24Kt Gold Plate the Badge he is Living in Sydney & my Halo is now in the Work Shop Smash Repairs having Few Repaint Jobs & they have already attached the Gold Badge & it does Look Pretty amazing. if you are needing anything Gold Plated for your Scion let us Know Will Give you all his Details, even if you are living in another State. Hmm So Your Scion is a She ;) think mine too is a she You Just get that Feeling. Do You get on E-Bay at all.? there is so much Scion XB Products that i am thinking about Ordering Mudflaps for the Halo which will Fit & maybe Spend a little more Money as i can't seem to Stop. when i see something for my Halo i go a little Crazy :D i am so Happy for you making it into a Scion think you would be the only one here in Australia who has a Scion now that is Pretty Special. Life is Way too Short, what ever makes you Happy Just Do it & My Halo Brings me Happiness. i am thinking about Ordering Prestige Plates even though will be a little Pricey hoping that will become a Reality Before the End of the Year Will Keep You Posted. Wish you Happy Driving your Beautiful Scion May she Bring Much Love into Your Life :D

If you're big on DIY Sonia take a look into the world of Plasti Dip (If you haven't heard of already), all my badges are now plasti dipped matte black to match the wheels. Also the Rukus suspension seems a little high out of factory especially in the rear so take a look at http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/38037-rukus-lowering-spring-comparison/ to suss out how to make your Rukus not look like it sits on stilts (which I always hated after I got my after market wheels).

Personally I went the Coilover route with some Tein Street Basis kits flown over from Japan but depending on your budget you can just go springs i.e. Tanabe to get that look you want unless you're towing things :P I guess the best it's best to ask around, Cductn is running a full airbag suspension setup, Flex is running aftermarket springs (I think Tanabe) and I'm running coilovers.

P.S sorry to go off topic feel free to whip afterwards

@ Crypt well if you must know i am not that big on DIY but there is always a first time right :spiteful: i can't keep on depending on other's to do the Job + getting other's to do your dirty work puts a bigger hole in your wallet just think of all the money you will save hmmm. Yes i have heard of Plasti Dip & i think is great idea what you have done, is always so surprising to see what other's have done to their Rukus giving you more idea's on what to do next hmmm :spiteful: in the future i won't be pulling anything from behind is not that Powerful enough but could still pull a Trailer ;) i am one to Spend that little more extra if is going to do a better Job or maybe last that much longer. hey no need to apologize for going off course i do it all the time :rolleyes:

Edited by Sonia