massive confusion on genuine and not genuine parts

xCalibur_

so i've just got my car back from the panel beater to repair a larger scratch on the rear left quarter panel, and i asked them to check out some abnormal warping in the two rear outer taillights. when picking up the car, they informed me that the lights are non-genuine. on top of that, i've taken it to my local toyota, and they say its not genuine. lastly the i looked at the writing on the inner parts of the light to compare to our other aurion, and they're exactly the same. each car was bought from different toyotas. mine being an ex fleet, and the other being from a new toyota opened in my area, thats been around for about 2 years.

so my questions are:

1. how do you determine if a part is genuine

2. can anyone take a picture of the inner part of the housing where the writing is, so i can see if they have the same writing as on mine and our other car

3. has anyone else experienced warping in their taillights

thanks for the reply. but i should have specified this, but i need someone to take pictures of a NON sportivo aurion. as the sportivos have darker housing than others (AT-X, touring, presara and prodigy)