GUESS WHO ELSE HAS A UNICHIP NOW

Hi Guys,

Picked up my car last night after getting a Unichip installed and all i can say is OOOOMMMMMGGGG i was surprised as to how much the unichip fixed up the cars midrange, up high, down low everywhere performance mate i am :D :D i gained from the chip 13kw @ the wheels. The place is in sydney and is called AUTOTECH ENGINEERING, Spiro is the guys name he is a really good bloke new his stuff back the front really professional. But all i can say is if you are going to invest in anything for you car im backing Peekay's stance word for word this is the BOMB. I thought the extractors are a bit to far for me but if i change my mind in the future ill do them as well but for me its a THUMBS up for the UNICHIP :D :D :D

Cheers

Bill

Woah xoom, good for you dude. Man, after the raving reviews from you guys, I feel like going out to get one myself. Will have to sit in your cars first to see how it feels.

xoom, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost altogether? Do you have any other engine mods?

Good point Illuminati.. I'm guessing it's a hard wired mod, and especially being tuned as well to suit the chip, you wont be able to get it off, if you have a motor related warranty claim.

My mate blew the engine in a work owned '96 Camry (he didn't check the oil), and Frankston Toyota charged $6900.00 for a full rebuild, and this was 5 years ago !! The boss made him pay for it.

I'm guessing at up to $10,000 for a full 'tivo rebuild, and if you've tried for a warranty claim and it's rejected,the car will be dismantled in a Toyota workshop, with a rebuild looking at all parts at full retail, and labour at $80.00 per hour....

CAI's and the like are cool 'co at least u can revert to standard before going to the workshop,but chips ...mmm I dunno ?

On the website it says its an add on chip and simply removing it will reverty your car back to normal, it reads what the computer suggests then modifies it between the computer and the engine or something like that, its about the size of a packet of smokes and is easily removable :).

Just spoke to Spiro, sounds like a nice guy, he is gonna check some things for me but he said it would make a difference on a car with no other mods too. He is going to read up on the diagrams and see about getting lift ot kick in at 5,000 for me instead of 6,000 :).

I reckon with a unichip and a slightly lower lift point, the car would perform a lot better, but the main benefit from this chip is the mid range power, when you stand on the accelerator all the time you will not notice much of a difference, but when you are giving it half throttle ie cruising, overtaking etc, it will feel a lot more definate :).

On the website it says its an add on chip and simply removing it will reverty your car back to normal, it reads what the computer suggests then modifies it between the computer and the engine or something like that, its about the size of a packet of smokes and is easily removable :).

thats what i thought, it should be quite easy to remove.

Ive decided im getting 1 too.

getting a stivo this weekend. getting a chip not too long after...

do not rely on warranty if you performance modify your car. many people start their modifications once their car has passed its warranty period. i have said this before but who takes a performance modified car to the dealer for service?! if you break your contract do not fault toyota.

I looked into it, it's quite affordable $1200 bucks, i was also recommended a better muffler to help performance. The guy knew what he was talking about since he unichipped a red one not long ago :D , i wonder who? so next week i think ill get mine done.

Yes, having just spoken to Spiro again, he said the same thing to me, an Exhaust with the chip will really open it up down low.

Any recomendations on which exhaust? I don't want it too loud (at least until it hits lift anyway lol). He also explained that they can NOT lower the lift revs, on a Honda they can on a Toyota they can't :'(

Damn i cant remember the brand, its a well known brand it holds some backpressure as well about $300 bucks, he also mentioned that the settings with the unichip will not alter the reading of the original toyota CPU, so when toyota diagnoses the car, it wont show anything. The Unichip basically alters the fuel map settings.