05 Corolla gearbox and idle issues

Hi people. I'm new here and I've had a bit of a poke around, but can't seem to find what I am looking for. I've got an 05 Corolla ascent wagon, which I have clocked up 22000 kms in. The gearbox is often quite difficult to engage first gear, particularly when rolling. It is a bit notchy in all gears (is this normal?) but first can really take a good shove to get it into gear. It feels like something is blocking it and I can feel a bit of a crunch/grind when I get it into gear. Is this just a normal thing or should I start to harrass Toyota to get it fixed.

Secondly, sometimes when the car is warm, the idle can get a bit inconsistent. It often drops quite low (600-700) at which point it is quite rough and almost feels like it has a slight miss. This is with A/C off by the way.

What I would like to know is are these common problems or just characteristics of the car, or should I be trying to get these fixed. The gearbox is particularly worrying me...

Thanks for any help

Vanilla

If your car is still under warranty dude... take your car back to toyota ... and complain ... if they dont fix it and say nothing is wrong with it

Take it to fair trading...

There is something seriously wrong with all the corolla accents idles....

well most of them anyways... YES they do drop... and yes they will shake and vibrate until the car has completely warmed up....

To get this sorted out we need as many complaints as possible... :angry:

Thats just the way the gearbox is in these cars, 1st and 2nd are a bit "crunchy" at certain speed changes, but that is fine, all the gears may also be considered "notchy" - completely normal.

The idle revs issue is simply a fault of these cars, can be fixed via the 4 remedies stated in the idle thread

The gearbox has a first gear lock out that won't let allow you to engage it unless virtually stationary.  It's normal with a modern gearbox.

if u really really want to get into 1st blip the throttle to rev match it and the synchros will allow you to get into 1st and don't jam it in, just slide it in.