02 Corolla Ascent - $40 worth of mods haha

rich70

What's going on guys,
Just felt like sharing my current ride,
Just installed a universal lip; fresh look for the fresh Uni semester!
Can't have a fresh start to Uni if your ride to the train station isn't fresh either ;)

This is my father's driving instructor car so i can't do any performance mods

Just realised I've spent less than $40 on mods, so here it goes!

$30 universal lip (eBay)

$8 TRD Antenna with the most genuine carbon fibre on it lol (eBay)

$1 red wheel caps (eBay)

Debadged rear

Took off hub caps and sprayed steelies in gloss black and clear coat (dunno if you can get any cheaper/lazier with a paint job)

IMG_0618_zpsa7ff379d.jpg

IMG_0634_zpse1d11d94.jpg

IMG_0637_zps0591ea23.jpg

IMG_0647_zps40913ab9.jpg

Since I don't have any brothers able to drive yet, this car will just be lying around unused for 6 days of the week, so have to wait another year or 2 before I can find a nice Sportivo to spend proper money on.
If i can find some fogs from a wrecked levin/sportivo that'd be next, and maybe a whole set of window visors.
Might also try play around with the centre console lights and do an amber/orange theme like the ZRE corolla has.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by rich70

• 2 weeks later...

nice lip.

where do you get it from?

hey mate just type in EZ-Lip on ebay they come from the US and cost about 30-40 bucks and take about 2-3 weeks to get delivered, i had one on my old Liberty and did a good job just make sure you stick it on really firm!

You buy em by the ft lenght easy to trim, I think was 7-8 std from mem. But just measure up and they will send you longer no extra like they did for my iload.

I noticed yours went a bit rippley on the bends like mine did :( I ordered a few so hoping practice makes perfect :)

You buy em by the ft lenght easy to trim, I think was 7-8 std from mem. But just measure up and they will send you longer no extra like they did for my iload.

I noticed yours went a bit rippley on the bends like mine did :( I ordered a few so hoping practice makes perfect :)

These things dont even last too long anyway. My old one eventually started to come off after a few months use but I sold the car before I even got to change it. Theyre pretty good just for covering up bumper scuffs but I wouldn't expect long usage out of them unfortunately.

Would last longer if you were game enough to mount it with screws to your front bar. just means if you ever took it off youd have gaping holes in your bar :(

Would last longer if you were game enough to mount it with screws to your front bar. just means if you ever took it off youd have gaping holes in your bar :(

yeaaah i dont think its worth it lol

• 3 weeks later...

whoa didn't know anyone replied...
i tried double sided tape and it did crap all.

so my dad and i drilled about 10-15 holes, used aluminium strips and mounted it so it's not ever coming off again haha!

My dad went a bit overboard, i was just planning to use washes and screws.

I'll try get some shots of underneath the bumper.

Also, if you look on Ebay, there are some that are from Melbourne/Sydney which ship very fast. Mine was $40 ($30 + $10 shipping), they give you about 230cm which is plenty.

Shipped in a few days as well