Quietest Tyres

Excalibur

Im interested to know which tyres other drivers think are the quietest?

I found the Toyo Teo Plus to be the quietest tyre Ive had

Which would probably also include the Toyo C!S (dont fit my 15's)

I'm going to go ahead and assume your just asking this out of curiosity and not because you would want them ever haha. I'd have to say yokohama db decibel e70 are the quietest I've experienced. but this was on a mazda 2. I'd never get them due to no grip at all.

No. For me a large part of the driving experience is getting there in comfort and feeling more relaxed. I do 26,000k a year. Yes im older now at 50 and slowing down. Whats your model like for raod noise with those 17's? Mine was awful and Ive done a lot of soundproofing. I will investigate those Yokohamas.

I don't mean to offend you or anything I respect what your after but its my belief that when your purchasing the things that will save your life in a car (very dangerous weapon) you should go all out. I have Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on my 16" rims. They are the most expensive tyres that work in wet and dry, I have to say road noise is there but the engine is louder. I'd look into Yokohama C drives as their standard on powerful luxury cars like Bentley and Audi

I hear waht youre saying. Personally I think no-one should push their car unless they have specifically set it up for performance driving. Safetys not a problem for me as my car has a very stable platform with 15mm spacers, Tein Suspension, Volk rims and 100kg shaved off the body. The Teos are very predictable in the wet and easy to control if they slide. For example, once i braked to avoid a bird at 120k, locked up the abs and steered around it with the abs on ful lock. The car didnt sway or roll at all.

Did your celica come out with 16's? Because I think they are a far better tyre for that car - quiter, more comfortable and more grip as they wont skip on bumpy, wet corners like 17's will

True. i spent about 2 months researching them, mostly on uk sites and only found 2 that gripped well in the wet. Toyos and GT Radial HPX and 228's. The Toyos definetly being the quietest, even though tyre dealers think the GT radial is the quietest tyre. Gt has stiffer sidewalls and is more of a 'square' tyre. I think there are some Yokohamas like the Advans that are good to.

The Michelin Pilot Sport 3 does have good reviews. But they dont make them in my size and as you say, too noisy.

And as for Bridgestone Ecopias. They are a deathtrap and if you read reviews you will see they dont perform well in wet braking