Urgent Help needed from pros

Jaxon123

Hi All:

I took my Camry (Altise 2004 V6 model auto) out for a drive yesterday, noticed the car radio was glitching, it turns off and comes back on for a very short duration, I also noticed the the dash lights and headlights were turning off and on, after about 5 on and offs the car stalled, luckily I was able to get into nutrul gear start up again quick, otherwise I would have been hit by the car behind me. I feel my car has a lose connection or short wiring issue, I checked the battery connection it seems normal, is anyone out there had issue like this? what could be the fault?

i know alternators cause things to shutdown. because the alternator isnt sending charge back to the battery the whole car is running off the battery. a reconditioned alternator plus fitting is about $330+

but look.. if it starts, see if you can drive it to a auto electrician and explain to them what happened. they wont charge you to look, they'll probably put a multi-meter to your alternator and battery to check for charge. the battery charge when running should be above 12, but 13 is great.

before you do this. pull your fuse box cover off (to the right of your battery) and check if the all the fuses are bedded in properly.

check in the dash fuse box too, (under your steering wheel to the right theres a lil lid)

just giving you some advice. it doesn't sound like anything major. but its a dangerous problem.

Edited by bluemeany