Seat Covers for Leather

Mr H

Hi, i would like to put Seat Covers on The Front Seats especially with Winter Coming up, went to order the Neoprean Covers available from Toyota and the Dealer parts guy said "Oh, it says not recommended for Leather", so i can't have them

Anyone have these fitted on Leather and any harm done? or any other suggestions?

Would have been good to have Heated Seats on My 2012 HL !!

Hi Mr H,

I have the Neoprene covers on my H and I must say I am a little disappointed. I like the feel of the Neoprene material but they don't fit as snugly or neatly as I would have liked/expected. So don't be too disappointed.

For a similar price I could have got airbag friendly Sheepskin/Lambswool seat covers which are warm and comfy (they would be my recommendation) Supercheap and Autobarn both have a good range which go on special from time to time.

I had the Luxury Model in the 2010 Hybrid and must say I miss the leather, although I agree heating in the winter would be desirable.

thanks for your reply, always good to hear from someone who has experianced them, so i'm not missing out on much then!

i was thinking of the Lambswool option, but a little concerned about the smell after awhile, just something i have heard of a couple of times

I have also heard that my seats do have the Heating coil inside the seat already, just a matter of getting the right cabling and switches and they are ready to go, i will have to find out more about that

Cheers

Hi again Eric,

It seems a bit weird that the elements would be in place but not the wiring for the heated seats. Like a lot of things these days I would be surprised if it was an easy conversion.

I have had lambswool/sheepskin covers on a number of occasions (wife has them now on her i30 Wagon) and have never had an issue with odor. She loves hers and definitely a cut above the neoprene for comfort. Worth paying a bit more for good quality ones though (If you can afford it custom made might set you back $200 a seat)

Hi Darryl

My son actually sells these Toyotas at a Toyota Dealership here in Adelaide, i will ask him to find out more about the Heating Coils in the seats for me

i will keep an eye for Super Cheap and autobarn for when the Sheepskin or Lambswool covers come on special

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mr H,

I have the Neoprene covers on my H and I must say I am a little disappointed. I like the feel of the Neoprene material but they don't fit as snugly or neatly as I would have liked/expected. So don't be too disappointed.

For a similar price I could have got airbag friendly Sheepskin/Lambswool seat covers which are warm and comfy (they would be my recommendation) Supercheap and Autobarn both have a good range which go on special from time to time.

I had the Luxury Model in the 2010 Hybrid and must say I miss the leather, although I agree heating in the winter would be desirable.

Hello you said super cheap sell sheep skin seat covers would you know what size would fit a 2001 camry front seats cheers Neill.

Hi Mr H,

Hello you said super cheap sell sheep skin seat covers would you know what size would fit a 2001 camry front seats cheers Neill.

Supercheap staff should be able to help.

Unless you go custom made they are usually multifit.

You just have to choose between the ones with separate head rest covers or integrated headrest. Not sure without doing research as to which one the 2001 Camry has (but you would obviously know)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just bought my 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid HL (leather seats) and would like to buy seat covers for both front and back (as a protection to the leather). I checked with Toyota dealer here in Canberra and quoted me $490 for both front and back. However, they did not mention anything about non-suitability on leather seats!. Could it be new version of covers!?. Might go back and check with Toyota again.

Thanks