Will a TRD Quickshifter solve gear notchy problems

Have any of the guys with high rpm shift problems tried adjusting the clutch at all?

If the clutch assembly isn't perfectly balanced, the clutch plate could warp slightly at high rpm, and if there isn't enough movement on the pressure plate to release the disc fully the clutch plate could be dragging on the rest of the assembly (flywheel and pressure place) introducing synchro-like shift problems.

On the clutch pedal, the rod from the master cylinder has some adjustment in it, it could pay to adjust the rod another 3-5mm and see if that helps.

ps, if you know someone with an oxy torch and a hydraulic press you can make your own "TRD shortshift" for free. You heat up the ball on the main shaft, and then push it up the shaft in the press about 20-30mm. Then you make a simple spacer plate if required for the shifter assembly depending on the clearance with the body of the car and the bottom of the shift lever.

I've done about 7 quickshifts now and they work perfectly, and taking the laws of physics into account, you do not have as much leverage with a quickshift as you do with a normal shifter. I'll post diagrams and the sums if anyone has trouble with physics...

Wow. being new i may be out of place saying this but every time someone expresses an opinion things always turn into a heated debate which then turns into p*ssing contest. <_<

this thread was started to answer a simple question. I offered my opinion based on theorectical fact and not actual fact. I had absolutely no problem with Peekay disagreeing with me as he actualy has one. I think this has been blown way out of proportion. Any frustration should be let out in the form of dragging Pulsar SSS's :D and not on each other.

• 1 year later...
Have any of the guys with high rpm shift problems tried adjusting the clutch at all?

If the clutch assembly isn't perfectly balanced, the clutch plate could warp slightly at high rpm, and if there isn't enough movement on the pressure plate to release the disc fully the clutch plate could be dragging on the rest of the assembly (flywheel and pressure place) introducing synchro-like shift problems.

On the clutch pedal, the rod from the master cylinder has some adjustment in it, it could pay to adjust the rod another 3-5mm and see if that helps.

Holly mother of G@D! :o Was going through old topics and this is a funny one but came across Rollamod's post and he diagnosed the gear shifting problem and knew how to fix it since April 2004!!! Were we ALL asleep!!!??? :(

Edited by ZEEROLLA

IN AGREEANCE WITH EVERYONE IT WONT FIX THE PROB....though the short shift i had made your are sore as hell after a days crusing....admmittantly it was a lot shorter than the TRD one...I havedriven a 200sx with a b&m and i rate it!!! though i'm not going back to one a the mrs kept complaining and told me till i cange it back i cant drive her car anymore. :(