Electric windows..

SuiCid3

Just wondering if this is normal or not..

Model: 05 Conquest Hatch

When the battery is disconnected then reconnected, the power windows will stop working for a little bit (between 1 hour and a day)

Then they'll slowly start working again, first the drivers side, then the passenger side, then even later, the rears will start to work again.

Weird? Or just normal? :huh:

something doesnt sound right!?!?!?!

do you mean the auto up/down feature?

or the system in total?

As in they don't work at all, but then slowly start working one by one again.

The time that they all start working again ranges between an hour and a full day.

The first time this happened I booked it in for someone to take it a look, but then the next day it started working again, so I cancelled it.

As I said, it only happens when I disconnect the car battery...

Edit: Just the power windows...

Edited by SuiCid3

Do not need to wait until next service... please read your owner manual, you need to reprogram your Windows again (I not really remember how to do it again.. different cars has it way of reprogram the windows).. it is not the windows recover itself slowy... it is because some of your passenger re program it for you.. all the Toyota auto up/down windows has to reprogram after the battery disconnected....

Do not need to wait until next service... please read your owner manual, you need to reprogram your Windows again (I not really remember how to do it again.. different cars has it way of reprogram the windows).. it is not the windows recover itself slowy... it is because some of your passenger re program it for you.. all the Toyota auto up/down windows has to reprogram after the battery disconnected....

yep thats it. everytime someone disconnects my battery (audio install, car service)... and put it back... the either only 1 or 2 of the buttons work or none work at all. It just needs to be re-programmed again.