New Yaris engine cutting out

Chris56

Hi everyone

Apologies if this has been covered before. The engine of my new Yaris has now cut out three times in in the 1.5 weeks that I've owned it. This morning it happened as I was approaching a ticket machine in a parking station. Without warning, it simply died. It didn't take long before horns began sounding, with drivers behind me loudly suggesting that I move up to the ticket machine. Turning the key produced absolutely nothing. After two or three minutes, it started. I've never encountered this with any vehicle I've owned before (I've been driving for 38 years). Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you in anticipation.

Yes. I rang them from my mobile (the only phone I have) and after explaining my problem in detail was put on hold to listen to a lengthy loud spiel about things that I didn't want or need while the call was transferred. However, the next person who answered knew nothing about my problem, so I had to explain it all again. I was again put on hold and listened to the same spiel for some time before hanging up. That was two hours ago. As I mentioned, I have never encountered a problem with any of my previous six new cars and I'm not happy that I have to spend any time and money on the phone trying to sort the problem out. I traded in a six year old Subaru with more than 102,000km that was still operating perfectly. And I'm not used to having abuse hurled at me from other drivers. I'm 56 and never had an accident in my life, so I don't appreciate anger directed at me when it wasn't my fault.

I only posted on here in the hope that someone else may have had the same problem. I'm sorry if this was inappropriate.

I'm sorry if this was inappropriate.

Certainly not inappropriate.... One of the reasons of a forum is for help with issues...

If i was you i would be straight into your local dealer and tell them to get it sorted....

• 7 months later...

Probably a bit late but if you don't have the right floor mat it can make the car cut out from the clutch sensor. This happened to my partner when we got her the new yaris