Sportivo wheels

CheekySportivo

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend any particular method or product to help remove stubborn dirt and staines from your factory Sportivo rims?

Ive tried a soft toothbrush and mild soap/detergent yet no decent results :angry:

Any suggestions would be great!

Cheers

:)

Get the wheel cleaner by Meguiars for clear coated/painted wheels. Spray on then give a bit of a scrub with a soft brush/sponge. Should do the job.

Small hint to make them easier to clean.... Polish your wheels with the same polish you do your car as the stock wheels are painted with a clear coat and putting a good polish on them creates a protective barrier against grime and makes them heaps easier to wash. :D

I know that Brennden will hate hearing this, but I use my high powered pressure cleaner. Granted it is only the $60.00 cheapy GMC one from Bunnings, but hey - it works....

The best way to get rid of stubborn stians from tyre black, grease, road grime, tar and other wierd crap that u dun even know wat it is or came from is.........After u have washed ur car and u still have those stains use "Poly-Glaze" "BUG & TAR" remover!!!!!! It is awsome stuff its mainly used for the car body but is aslo great for removing noticable fine scratches too!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I know that Brennden will hate hearing this, but I use my high powered pressure cleaner.  Granted it is only the $60.00 cheapy GMC one from Bunnings, but hey - it works....

Not at all my friend, good to see you are using some of my advice lol. High pressure will remove the majority of the grime off your wheels then it's just a small amount of hand washing to remove the remainder. :)

I wouldn't use any type of thinners on the standard wheels as they are painted silver with a clear coat unless you want to make a real mess of them. ;)

As for the bug and tar remover it's a little co**** for removing the grime off your wheels. I wouldn't use it on my car any where. Scratches like fine sandpaper and have seen the results on many cars that I've had to correct ;) :D