Celica Vs Sportivo

well besides the price.

about 7 to 10 kw @ the wheels if the dyno day we had is anything to go by. :D

all the sportivos way mind you.

but as in engine there identical

celica is supose to be lighter

celica has MUCH better front seats.lol

other than that theres not much diff besides the bigger price tag and the sportier look.

but the stivo is faster lol

especially the red ones (that dont have dodgey ECUs)

anyway on the dynoday i had the least powerful stivo 96.1kw and the celica was still just under mine in kw @wheels.

all other stivos were over 100kw some over 110kw

Celica's have a much much more sportier feel to it. Sit inside one and you'll see what i mean. The corolla seating position is granny like.

Btw eddy, the celica (BlackZR) had 100kw ATW if im not mistaken. I've seen stock celicas pull up to 110kw stock.

Another difference is the Celicas are made in Japan, that could contribute to the higher price tag as well.

I think its more a $15,000 difference brand new drive-away ;)

Celica looks and drives like a Sports Car, has sportier interior, gauges, seats, steering, shifter etc :D

Chassis stiffness will be heaps different, Celica will handle better stock vs stock, Celica is 100kg lighter on paper. I test drove a brand new and 2nd hand Celica before buying the Stivo and the driving feel feels pretty good, sharper steering feel and response, very sporty and comfortable, quality also seems to be a notch up. It's a sports coupe, feels real compact not like the Stivo which has heaps of room.

I personally wouldn't fork out the dough for a brand new if u r after a Celica not to mention they are 6 years old now, look for 2nd hand ones. A lot of them have been kept really well and much cheaper. But then again i would most certainly get an ITR or 200sx rather than a Celica :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA

well besides the price.

about 7 to 10 kw @ the wheels if the dyno day we had is anything to go by. :D

all the sportivos way mind you.

but as in engine there identical

celica is supose to be lighter

celica has MUCH better front seats.lol

other than that theres not much diff besides the bigger price tag and the sportier look.

but the stivo is faster lol

especially the red ones (that dont have dodgey ECUs)

anyway on the dynoday i had the least powerful stivo 96.1kw and the celica was still just under mine in kw @wheels.

all other stivos were over 100kw some over 110kw

Actually eddy i had 100kw atw.. not to mention my car just reached 10k on the clock, still pretty new.

Although stock stivos would probebly pull more kw's atw, celica make up for that in weight ;) They are a much lighter car, like Zeerolla said on paper they are 100kgs lighter.

Both cars have so many features identical to their own which much differences have already been covered. To sum it all up though.. They are just 2 completely different cars with the same engine and yep.. its more like $15,000 difference drive away brand new

THe other day, a friend of mine told me that his friend's celica did not got as hard as sportivo. Can someone confirm? Doesnt make any sense to me if that is how his friend's celica is.

Put it this way.. ive put my celica up againts other sportivos. Some of them i know how much they make atw's, mods etc and some i wasnt sure. Even though i was underpowered roughly 5-10 kws atw, it didnt make that much of a difference trust me. Btw my cars still stock

At the end of the day these 2 cars are very identical wen u put them up againts each other. Mods will make a difference, but when these cars are both stock other factors come into play eg. weight, drivers ability to launch/drive/land lift etc.

Other things u need to know are that celicas come in Auto.. i dont even think u can land lift in an auto, u will land around the 5000 mark in 2nd (Someone correct me if im wrong). Also theres the 2002 model where the celicas cut-off is at 7800... try landing lift 1-2 changing at that rpm if ofcourse u dont hit the limiter.

I dont think u can really say either one goes harder than the other.. its too close to call. My 2 cents :)

It's a shame there isn't more dyno results for the Celica online here in Australia. 112kw at the wheels is what we'd expect for stock performance out of a 2ZZ-GE, but the results of the Melbourne dyno day were all below that (for both the Sportivo and Celica...).

Being a less-practical car, a lot of second hard Celica's are in very good condition - very low kilometres, garaged, etc. And you see fantastic examples from 1999-2001 going for very close to $20,000 these days.

Being lighter, having a better interior, independent rear suspension and a lower centre of gravity, from a performance perspective, I prefer the Celica. And the SX model seems to fit that demographic, with optional airconditioning and ABS. The SX model also doesn't have a sunroof, which is good for body stiffness and headroom (esp. with a helment).