Corolla sportivo

Hey dudes im deciding on buying a brand new car and am tossign between the toyota corolla sportivo and the new honda integra type s, the type S is a 2-door and goes for alot more cash than the corolla sportivo,

i do like the look of the corolla sportivo im wanting opinion from the regular forum users. Id like to know from sportivo owners what they think of the overall car.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sportivo is great youll have heaps of fun in it.

HOWEVER

if your willing to spend the cash difference the type s is asuper super nice ride.

i dare say it would be more refined than the sportivo the interior would be much better aswel.

the only diff is the sportivo might be more fun to thrash around.

basicly the diff in cash is for refinment because performance wise there pretty close even though id think the stivo would still be a little faster (hopefully)

bang for buck= sportivo

money not an issue=type s

sorry, now for the real post.

before my stivo i had a barina.... 1.4L powerhouse so anything would really have been better, i had a look at the Mazda 3 SP23 and the Stivo because they were in the same price bracket and i didnt really wanna pay more for a car at this stage in my life (also saving for a house deposit). if you have the money for an s type integra, go ahead and buy one.

as for the performance i have nothing to complain about it except for the sticky gears at high revs. but apparently that can be fixed pretty easily.

it looks good, they really thought about the lines of the body and i think its the sexiest 4 door hatch on the road.

Go the sportivo route! unless you willing to pay extra for the integra. Id save the extra cash and put it into the Sportivo to make it look,go,sound abit more sexier!

dunno about what the stivo will do stock but im pretty sure theres one or two guys in the 14 sec bracket.

also for ya money go the stivo.

but if ya want refinement go the type s

as i said thats basicly the diff between the two.

but also if ya hold off for abit theres rumours about the corolla kompressor= supercharged rolla.

it will be cheaper than the type s and more powerful than the sportivo plus there will only be a limited amount of them so it will be a collector item aswel.(resale)

anyway depends how soon ya want em and if toyota actually decide to release them out here.

anyway at the end of the day its upto you.

im sure if ya look into it there plent of other options aswel in that price bracket between the sportivo and the type s.

anyway good luck.

if you decide on the sportivo youll enjoy it.no here hasnt.

if u cant decide between the stivo and the type s

go for the typeR

get all the standard racing toys with it  ;)

The type r's still sell new at honda showrooms? i thought they ditched the type r for the new type s.

yeah i think they did .. but i was referring to the 00-03 Type Rs .. 30gs u prob get 1 hotted up already ;)

mighty fine machine

if u cant decide between the stivo and the type s

go for the typeR

get all the standard racing toys with it  ;)

The type r's still sell new at honda showrooms? i thought they ditched the type r for the new type s.

yeah i think they did .. but i was referring to the 00-03 Type Rs .. 30gs u prob get 1 hotted up already ;)

mighty fine machine

but didn't honda state the newer type s are quicker than the type r's? :P

if ur talking 2nd hand, and honda... why not dc2r? :)

hey bro

= ) go test drive both cars and drive them HARD!

ive test driven both and the dc5r feels faster!

but seriously save the extra dosh and add coilovers or something, because the stivo is only lacking really in the handling dept :)

and the stupid type-s has a sunroof *sigh* = )

but didn't honda state the newer type s are quicker than the type r's?  :P

if ur talking 2nd hand, and honda... why not dc2r?  :)

i got no clue .. i havent done my research on the integra.. i just reckon the type r is more slick den the type s..