Traction control + Check engine light

AurionWhite

Hey guys, first time poster I'll try and be brief and to the point. Had my 11 Aurion for about 5 weeks, today while driving home the engine shut down but all electricals were still on. Dash lights, radio, AC ect.. and the traction and egine light came on. Tried to start the car back up but no go, engine was still turning so didn't seem to be a battery issue. Waited about 5 minutes then it started up fine but those lights remained on. Few hours later I went to start it again which went fine and the lights weren't on any more.

I'm still taking it back to Toyota for them to have a look at, just wondering if anyone had a similar problem or and knowlege about this. Really disapointed, havn't had it for very long at all and I do love the Ausrions ( Disgruntled Ex-Ford man)

I wouldn't be too worried about it. There's probably no reason to take it back if its happened just once. Get yourself an OBD2 reader (cheap as chips), and get "Torque" on your phone.

You will be able to easily get the fault codes out and see real time stats of the engine. I'm pretty sure Toyota will charge you a fee just to pull the fault codes.

• Like 1

Still under new car warranty, take it back. I don't think its anything major but I'd get it checked anyhow. They'll probably just cancel any fault codes and tell you its fixed but if it becomes an ongoing problem, at least you can put it on them to fix if you've made them aware of it. If toyota try to charge you for downloading fault codes on a "new car" (ie.under warranty), yell, scream, kick,jump on counters, etc. So long as you have paid the agreed price, they are legally obliged to provide an as advertised, serviceable product.