Changing engine air filter on Aurion

Hi guys,

I'm looking at changing the air filter on my 2007 SX6 myself and just wondering if it is the same (or similar) to the procedure shown here for the 2007 Camry?

http://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Air-Filter-on-2007-Camry

The air filters are different specs so I am not 100% sure this guide will work and don't want to get half way through to realise that I don't know how to finish the job!

Anyone have any thoughts or can point me to a guide? I figure it's a fairly easy task but I thought that about changing the battery and then realised I needed to take apart half of the car to remove it!

thanks

Aaron

It's pretty simple - there are 4 clips around the filter unit that holds it together. Just unclip them all, remove old filter, fit the new filter and then clip everything back in.

I bought a filter from supercheap auto RYCO - it was a bit of a tight fit and the clips are under slightly more tension, but it fits and does the job.

Good luck!

It's pretty simple - there are 4 clips around the filter unit that holds it together. Just unclip them all, remove old filter, fit the new filter and then clip everything back in.

I bought a filter from supercheap auto RYCO - it was a bit of a tight fit and the clips are under slightly more tension, but it fits and does the job.

Good luck!

Thanks mate. I resorted to taking a look in the service manual and was surprised to see it looks like it's very easy. I probably could have figured it out myself by opening up the hood actually but was figuring that it was going to be in the same spot as the Camry, which doesn't look quite as simple.

I'll give it a go tonight and see how it goes.

Another issue relating to changing the air filter, the filter that is fixed into the lid of the air filter, is that cleanable, replaceable or is it just a permanent thing for the life of the car?

Late to the party, but: It is the carbon petrol vapor trap to absorb any evap once the engine is shut off. It's full of bead-like pieces and is fixed in place, doesnt seem to be a replaceable part without changing the whole top of the plenum

• 2 weeks later...