Leather Seat Upgrade- Advice?

heathaurion

Hi Guys,

I have a 2009 Aurion AT-X, I have a set of leather seats I want to install and I was wondering if there is a wiring loom somewhere handy to plug the electronic passenger seat into as my original one is manual, or will this need to be wired in by a auto electrican? Also, can anyone forsee any other problems with changing the seats or are they just a simple swap over?

Cheers,
Heath

I'm not sure whether where to plug the wiring harness to the car. But I've talk to a guy at toyota dealer about this, and there is the wiring harness to do the job (seatbelt, airbag, power) for about $185.

I will get an auto electrician to do the job to wire up the front passenger side.

Front driver side, should just be fine.

Rear seat should be fine. The bottom part is lift off. The back rest is attached with 2 bolt and lift off as well.

As simple as that.

Hope that help.

Well, since they will bolt on I will put in my 2 cents:

I have put electric seats into my Camry (bought some facelift ones a while ago); the airbag plug remained the same and we just stole power from one of my amps to power the seats. I haven't had any issues with it since I put them in a year or so ago.

Well, since they will bolt on I will put in my 2 cents:

I have put electric seats into my Camry (bought some facelift ones a while ago); the airbag plug remained the same and we just stole power from one of my amps to power the seats. I haven't had any issues with it since I put them in a year or so ago.

Yep all the plug remain the same.

Just need the power for the front passenger.

Easy way is like what you said or share power from driver.

But if OP wants proper way then will need the harness from toyota which is EXPENSIVE.

BTW, OP did you buy the interior from wreckers in Sydney from ebay ?