Greetings

w00t

Gudday :) Based in Yeronga, Brisbane and have had my '95 Celica st204 for 9 months, I love it :)

I've joined the forum so I can search and check out some of the threads and see if I can work out some things I need to regarding my pride and joy ... which is a story in itself :)

Unfortunately it is out of commission atm, after a certain person (ahem, me) left the cap off the radiator after filling it up, and had it start getting hot on the highway and before I could get to an exit, just cut out. I ended up having it towed home and its sitting out the front waiting for me to be able to do something about it :| (not easy being a mature age student on Austudy) So, I presume either a gasket or the engine is toast, which is kinda why I am here searching threads ...

I wouldn't turn over, so took out the spark plugs and it still won't turn over, however I don't know if something else may be wrong because I don't get any ticking or such from the starter motor trying to do anything .... just nada. I can only hope the engine is not a goner, but I can't dismiss that either.

So, here I am, searching threads for ideas on where to next, how to even approach moving it or where to get fixed, probable costs and what I could possibly do to cut any costs I would have to beg borrow or steal to cover that :)

Well, that's my story, that's why I am here, I thought it polite to post and have a lot of trawling and reading to do! :)

Sorry to say but it sounds like it's game over. From what you described you have overheated the engine and possibly melted something. One last thing you could try whilst the plugs are out is to get a bar and socket onto the crank pulley and try and turn it over(clockwise direction only) by hand. If it doesn't move then I am sorry but you will need to replace/rebuild the engine.

• Like 1

From experience, I will add my 2 cents worth:

You are idiot for owning a celica, they are a terrible car and I will never own one again - shame on toyota for creating them in the first place.

That's about it really - pretty simple.

K_san

• Like 1

In other words, this is about the right opportunity to get another car instead of going through the ordeal of trying to replace your engine which is most likely rooted.

• Like 1

Damn :(

Replacing an engine tho would be cheaper than a new car wouldn't it?

Depends on your skill level I suppose. If you have the resources to perform the engine swap, then it can work out well I would imagine. All I know is that if something like that was to happen to me, it would probably cost a fortune to get a mechanic to do it as that's what someone like me would have to do.

I don't know much about all this though so someone else would have to comment. I'd just imagine that you could probably find a good deal on a car that would be less hassle.

For what it's worth, I think K_san has a bit of a point. If you were to stick with the same car and just replace the engine, you may potentially have some more issues down the track. I recall hearing about various issues he has had with that car when he had one.

Edited by Tard

Thanks for the suggestions, I will give it a go as per trentmeyer23 suggestions, and take it from there. Only being on Austudy makes it hard in regard simply just getting another car, I guess I just bombed out and that's it :(

There was nothing wrong with the car until I made the stupid mistake of leaving the radiator cap off :(

Thanks again for all the responses.