how much for an 05 Sportivo?

ash

hi everyone

I am new to this forum. I am currently considering purchasing a 2005 Corolla Sportivo, and wondering if anyone can tell me what I should expect to pay for the car on the road? I know the rrp including on-roads is around $31,000 and I have recently seen one for $28,000 drive-away at a Toyota sale. Is this a good price? I have heard that Toyota generally have quite a big profit margin to play with, and can often take thousands off the price - is this true?

I also noticed that someone mentioned Toyota discontinuing production of this car... does anyone have any more info regarding this?

If anyone could provide a bit of further information regarding the above, I would really appreciate it! Also, if anyone can recommend a good dealership in Brisbane? I recently had a very poor experience at Southside Toyota (Mt Gravatt) where a sales guy flat out refused to let my partner and I test-drive the $28,000 Sportivo I mentioned :angry:

Any bit of info/advice, big or small, would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Ash

$28K is a great price. i shopped all around melbourne and the prices i was told were between $28,500 and $32K. needless to say i bought the car for $28,500 with about $1K of extras thrown in ;) its good when you know someone in the industry.

the sportivo's are being discontinued. what else can i say about that.

as for car yards in brisbane, i cant help you sorry, i only dealt with Holden dealers when i was in brisbane, never even thought i would buy a stivo.... except maybe shao's if corey didnt get his hands on it !!

you don't know where the black one was sold do you? I know Southside Toyota at Wooloongabba had a black one a couple weeks back...

I picked one up for $27,500 drive away - colour red i.e. non-metallic. The cars are in run out.

Eric

you don't know where the black one was sold do you? I know Southside Toyota at Wooloongabba had a black one a couple weeks back...

I picked one up for $27,500 drive away - colour red i.e. non-metallic. The cars are in run out.

Eric

I want a red one *pouts* lol

Hasn't this topic been covered before?

Anyway, generally you can obtain a new stivo without any options or extra's, generally between $27,500 to $28,500 on the road, drive away. Bargain with them for hours if required to do so.

A fully loaded new stivo with every option and aftermarket kit can cost anywhere between $30,000 to $33,000 on the road, drive away.

Please note that pre-facelift stivo rrp was $29,990 while post-facelift stivo rrp is currentely at $28,990.

L8tr.

Onm1potent.

i recently put down a deposit on a black stivo that im picking up next week.

the overall purchase price was $24,990 drive away. i've got floor mats, headlight protectors and bonnet protector thrown in.

i also mentioned how it would be nice to see a full tank of Ultimate 98RON when i pick it up :lol:

see how it goes

(p.s, im in Vic)

the overall purchase price was $24,990 drive away. i've got floor mats, headlight protectors and bonnet protector thrown in.

i also mentioned how it would be nice to see a full tank of Ultimate 98RON when i pick it up  :lol:

see how it goes

(p.s, im in Vic)

$24,990?!? That is insane. Are dealers slashing the prices because the Sportivo is being discontinued? That's $6,000 below retail :o

Might head over to my local dealership tomorrow hehe...

i doubt dealers would slash prices to "run out" whats left... seeing as there is still a demand for Sportivo's....

i've had nothing but good things to say about Rick Wolany Toyota... service is excellent and the follow up's are great too.

i bought my 1zz from the same dealership so i have had about 1 years experience with them...

(and no, i dont work for them, lol)

i also mentioned how it would be nice to see a full tank of Ultimate 98RON when i pick it up  :lol:

see how it goes

(p.s, im in Vic)

WTF? $24,990? are u trading ur car in?

I got mine for $26,500 with tints, alarm, mats

o.k, here's the deal...

I went into Rick Wolany Toyota, in Werribee and inquired how much a 2005 model, Toyota Corolla Sportivo is. The sales man went over to his boss, and talked about something (maybe what i just asked him). He then came over to me and told me the best deal he could do. The exact words that came out of his mouth were "the best price i can give you is $24,990 drive away"

So then i went outside, looked at the car some more (expecting to see DEMO or DAMAGED or something like that on the car). I went back inside the dealership and told him i have an Ascent, if that would make any difference to the price again. He said, "if you trade it in, we will have to price the Sportivo at RRP, so its no point"

So then i told him i'll take it. I needed to pay a deposit because i didnt have the money at that stage, so the only way he was going to make sure it was kept for me, was for me to pay a deposit. Later that week i went back and payed the car in total. So this Wednesday i've elected to go and pick the car up...

So no, there wasnt any special deals, or price run-outs, just me, going into the dealership, and buying a new car....

make sense? :angry::angry::angry::angry:

o.k, here's the deal...

I went into Rick Wolany Toyota, in Werribee and inquired how much a 2005 model, Toyota Corolla Sportivo is. The sales man went over to his boss, and talked about something (maybe what i just asked him). He then came over to me and told me the best deal he could do. The exact words that came out of his mouth were "the best price i can give you is $24,990 drive away"

So then i went outside, looked at the car some more (expecting to see DEMO or DAMAGED or something like that on the car). I went back inside the dealership and told him i have an Ascent, if that would make any difference to the price again. He said, "if you trade it in, we will have to price the Sportivo at RRP, so its no point"

So then i told him i'll take it. I needed to pay a deposit because i didnt have the money at that stage, so the only way he was going to make sure it was kept for me, was for me to pay a deposit. Later that week i went back and payed the car in total. So this Wednesday i've elected to go and pick the car up...

So no, there wasnt any special deals, or price run-outs, just me, going into the dealership, and buying a new car....

make sense?  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Good work!... took me 3 months and plenty of visits to various dealers which resulted in timewasting to get to the price i got... mind you ... my situation was kinda diff... i was trading my car so i was haggling one 2 fronts...getting the best resale outta my current car and getting the best on the new car

o.k, here's the deal...

Was it the Silver One that they had in stock?

Have they got another Stivo for me at the price :D :D .