CTS v CTR v RSC

A comparison between the Corolla T-Sport, Civic Type R and the Renault Sport Clio.

vid link

That was a cool video. Seeing the Type-R get sideways in the last bend and beat out the S2000 was killer =)

I think taking the Corolla around the track first had some disadvantages, it would have been nice if they ran them 3 times each and then averaged the times. They got the quickest 0-40mph time out of the Corolla, which was cool, and they loved the brakes.

Concidering the Corolla is the heaviest, has the lowest displacement (1.8 vs 2.0) and was the only one with no LSD (the Clio has its "ESP" LSD equivilent, and the Type-R has one), I think it did pretty well =)

but now the stivo has 141kw at 6200Rpm right?

the integra type R has 153?? at 7500Rmp could be wrong.

But to me this should even out although if the integra gets ahead it will be difficult for the stivo to catch up.

The integra does have more torque too

but now the stivo has 141kw at 6200Rpm right?

the integra type R has 153?? at 7500Rmp could be wrong.

But to me this should even out although if the integra gets ahead it will be difficult for the stivo to catch up.

The integra does have more torque too

Stivo produces 141kw @ 7800rpm, max torque @ 6800rpm. Integra TypeS 154kw @ 7800rpm, max torque of 194nm@ 7000rpm. The EP Civic TypeR (UK vers.) has 147kw @ 7400rpm, max torque of 192nm @ 6000rpm like our DC5 Integra TypeR.

I believe the crucial factor is weight, gear ratios and torque. The TypeS has a shorter 1st/2nd/3rd gear compared to our Stivo and has more torque @ around 6000rpm which means no torque hole like the Stivo at those revs. They also have a slightly higher rev cutout of 8400rpm.

• 1 month later...

Is he talking the T-Sport Compresor?? i think the Civic will still win overall, not just due to performance but also built quality, driving enjoyment, ergonomics, looks etc.. the Clio 182 is quick and exciting to drive and looks mean with its stripes :P, but quality, and ergonomics probably can't beat the Jap duo and the Clio's engine would feel "dull" compared to the other high revving engines screaming over 8000rpms, although it does have fat torque and power right through the rev band. Each to their own i guess.. i would have loved to take home the Clio Sport 182 i sat in at the motor show though, i just hated the quality and design inside the car.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

You wouldn't buy the Clio for quality unfortunately .. but for waht you pay for, it has great BFYB value !!

My verdict

Corolla, I would get cos it looks great and it is a reliable car day in day out with a bit of poke!

Clio, I already have (!) because it is definitely the BFYB car at the moment

Type-R, although the best performer with best build quality, hard for me to comment because I have not been in one before !! However, if it was given to me, I would take it but if I had to pay for it I would not get it.