Camry 2003 USA specs V6 2400cc starting problem

ajomaa

I got a USA specs Camry V6 2003 2400 CC. The car has 150K miles.

My problem with the car started with the engine check error, "I guess the previous owner disconnected the battery before showing me the car". Also, I always smell strong gas from the driver's side after driving the car. Also, while driving the car, sometimes it stutters under acceleration

I scanned the car and turned out that the error is P0128. Some mechanics said its the oxygen ratio sensor and it was no big deal.

2 weeks ago I drove the car up to the mountain with the AC on and with 4 passengers in the car. I noticed the car's temp it was extremely high, almost hit the red. I killed the ac and stopped. After the car cooled down i checked the engine's water it was very low.

Then my new problem started: The car does not start.

I try to turn it on, it cranks but do not fire. Then after a while it starts. One of the times I was driving the car and it suddenly died. I tried start it, nothing happened. After 30 minutes it started.

Recently the car does not start in the morning. I had to crank it 2 or 3 times until it starts.

I took it to the mechanic, he checked the radiator and said it was fine and no leakage. But he suggested to change the radiators cap because it is loose. I did that and the water level is not changing. He said that the fuel pump might be the problem. But I want to hear it from someone else.

Sorry for the lengthy problem. Any help is mostly appreciated.

I got a USA specs Camry V6 2003 2400 CC

Does not compute - will either be a 3.0L (ie 3000cc) V6, 3.3L V6 or 2.4L (2400cc) 4-cylinder

The MC* frame code means it is an MZ-series V6, which only came in 3.0L and 3.3L versions in the US (there was a 2.5L version in some markets, but even then that's not "2400cc"). Since it is an MCV30, it's a 3.0L 1MZFE (the MCV31 is the 3.3L 3MZFE)

This is what I bought. V6 Camry 2003 2400cc.

No it isn't, it's a 3.0L V6! Stop arguing the point, you are making yourself seem less intelligent!

He said that the fuel pump might be the problem. But I want to hear it from someone else.

It might be the problem...or might not be.