Toyota camry 2000-2006 flip key conversion

Old man

Well it combine your fob and key together as one unit instead of having the key poking holes in your pocket all the time. The 2003 camry fob is a pain because toyota don't allow you to open it. the fob is a one unit piece glue together, to open it you would have to cut it open. there are no flip key shell on ebay that would fit the fob circuit.

The 2003 camry fob is a pain because toyota don't allow you to open it. the fob is a one unit piece glue together, to open it you would have to cut it open. there are no flip key shell on ebay that would fit the fob circuit.

Should explain why you shouldnt get a filp key

Well it certainly a challenge for me but i finally successfully converted my 2003 camry key into a flip key with all functional buttons. I strongly suggest to have a dremal or something close to it because there will lot of drilling and shaving to make it fit.

• 1 month later...

Hi Son, thank you for taking an interest in my post. I'm sorry but i don't have an images for you, i forgot to took some when i was working on my flip key. However, i could send you a link to the item i bought on email if that help.

Thanks for the link. Can you just cut the key to match your current key and use that to start the engine? Or is there a chip of some sort in the original key that you have to remove for the new key to work??

Hi Son, yes you do need to cut your old key to retrieve the transponder and put it into the bew shell. Please also bear in mind that the shell i mentioned is not a direct fit for the camry 2003 model, i have cut and shaped it in order to fit original fob circuit board. It is not an easy job and requires lot of patience.

Hi Son, yes you do need to cut your old key to retrieve the transponder and put it into the bew shell. Please also bear in mind that the shell i mentioned is not a direct fit for the camry 2003 model, i have cut and shaped it in order to fit original fob circuit board. It is not an easy job and requires lot of patience.

Okay that seems like a lot of work though. Hopefully my remote still has some years left - though the button rubber cover has fallen off...