Reverse Beep

AidaN

The past few days i was washing cars at Prosche Melbourne, which was kind of cool as far as washing cars go. BUT....when driving some of the newer manuals with reverse on the top left, instead of the annoying reverse beep which we have, they have one short sharp beep and thats all. It is a much better option that what is in the sportivo. If only toyota had thought of this. Im sure that beep drives everybody insane :angry::angry:

Apollogies if this has already been covered!!

If you remove the bottom shielding from the steering column, there is a plug (white I think) that plugs in behind the ignition....

Northy may be able to explain it better cause he's done it more times than I have.

You can also remove the wire from behind the instrument cluster.

all you need is a philips head screw driver and remove the insrument cluster then on the main loom you will see a red/black wire on the bottom row of pins 3 in from the right. Simply remove that wire from the loom and presto....no BEEP...BEEP

far out!!!

when i bought my new car and order the sensors i asked about the 2 beeps issue. the dealer said there's nothing they can do and the best I have to do is to get used to it!!

Thats exactly what I was told at Rick Wolany in Werribee were I purchased my sexy babe!

It seemed they weren't intrested in even trying to help me with my queery :angry: !

If you remove the bottom shielding from the steering column, there is a plug (white I think) that plugs in behind the ignition....

Northy may be able to explain it better cause he's done it more times than I have.

I've heard disabling the beeper also disables the reversing lights as they apparently are powered on the same circuit. Is this true?

If not true and the above mod works, are we able to get specific instructions and a pic of the under side of the column?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...