What is the best music to play in the sportivo?

ghost

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF LoL ?? WAT KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT??

IS THAT LIKE A TRICK QUESTION ?? lol your on drugs dude ... play wateva music you like ... :P

I don't think its an entirely silly question ... if you'd have asked me a while back what I thought people were playing, I'd have probably said techno or dance music pretty much across the board.

Now when I do get out to see the boys on a Thursday night, I'll keep my AC/DC cranked, now I know I won't get hassled for it. :D

Having said that, though, the Brissie boys will no-doubt now give me grief whenever they see me, just out of spite. :P

nearly* all the time i have my hardcore c.d's in the car... mostly Parkway Drive, I Killed The Prom Queen and Carpathian... apart from that just some punk (MxPx, Relient K, Motion City Soundtrack) or some good alternative aussie punk (Gyroscope, The Living End) <--- this is all at the moment

seeing as i did like 3 years of night music school, and im in a band, i tend to be a little fussy when it comes to this

*nearly- yes, occasionaly i do love to crank some of my Hard NRG c.d's.... gotta love that bass thump

Our stacker currently has:

System Of A Down - Mezmerize

Thirst Merc - (Can't remember the album name)

James Blunt - Back To Bedlam

Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway

Various - Big Day Out (I only play the Wolfmother song off this CD)

The other slot varies between HIM and Coheed & Cambria but sometimes gets a little play with Godspeed You Black Emperor.

Its kind of hard in my industry because I get about 15 CD's per week dumped on my desk so most of the time there is just too much variety.

Edited by Blade Hunter

The other slot varies between HIM and Coheed & Cambria but sometimes gets a little play with Godspeed You Black Emperor.

Its kind of hard in my industry because I get about 15 CD's per week dumped on my desk so most of the time there is just too much variety.

dude, you listen to James (****ing) Blunt and Coheed & Cambria? WTF is up with that.. please tell me its a typo

nearly* all the time i have my hardcore c.d's in the car... mostly Parkway Drive, I Killed The Prom Queen and Carpathian... apart from that just some punk (MxPx, Relient K, Motion City Soundtrack) or some good alternative aussie punk (Gyroscope, The Living End) <--- this is all at the moment

seeing as i did like 3 years of night music school, and im in a band, i tend to be a little fussy when it comes to this

*nearly- yes, occasionaly i do love to crank some of my Hard NRG c.d's.... gotta love that bass thump

apart from that, my collection for the *new* stivo is:

Alexisonfire, As I Lay Dying, Bane, Behind Crimson Eyes, Belinda Carlisle, Black My Heart, Bleeding Through, Blink 182, Box Car Racer, The Butterfly Effect, Carpathian, Casey Jones, xChuck Norrisx, Discussion With A Gun, Fabienne Delsol, Fallout Boy, False Truth, Final Fight, Frenzal Rhomb, From Autumn To Ashes, Funeral For A Friend, Grinspoon, Group X, Gyroscope, Hawthorne Heights, I Killed The Prom Queen, In Name And Blood, It Dies Today, Jack Johnson, John Butler Trio, Kelly Clarkson, Killswitch Engage, Kisschasy, The Living End, Me First And The Gimme Gimmes, Miles Away, .moneen., Most Precious Blood, Motion City Soundtrack, My Chemical Romance, Norma Jean, On Broken Wings, Panic! At The Disco, Parkway Drive, Relient K, Saosin, Shotpointblank, Sick Of It All, Silverstein, Slipknot, Story Of The Year, Taking Back Sunday, Tenacious D, Thrice, Throwdown, Underminded, Unwritten Law, The Veronicas, Weezer

Hehehe I have a varied taste in music, My Fiance is not a fan of HIM or C&C so I reserve them for when im on my own, she is however a fan of James Blunt, SOAD and a few others that I like so thats what plays, something we both enjoy :).

dude, you listen to James (****ing) Blunt and Coheed & Cambria? WTF is up with that.. please tell me its a typo

IS THAT LIKE A TRICK QUESTION ?? lol your on drugs dude ... play wateva music you like ... :P

Looks like the drugs have already claimed the majority of your brain cells :blink: If you don't know who Joe Satriani is then you my friend know didly squat about music ;) And if you don't like it then swallow some pills and put on your trance music and dance yourself in to a coma :P

Looks like the drugs have already claimed the majority of your brain cells :blink: If you don't know who Joe Satriani is then you my friend know didly squat about music ;) And if you don't like it then swallow some pills and put on your trance music and dance yourself in to a coma :P

man, that was really uncalled for... so below the belt...

i bet you havent heard the majority of bands i like, see me saying **** to people? no.... :angry:

i was just interested in the wide variety of genre's...

if you care to look at my list, you will clearly see SLIPKNOT and KELLY CLARKSON listed

now thats a WTF MATE ^.^

Go MxPx!!! Use to listen to them heaps a few years back.

you stopped listening to them?? shame shame shame..

list your other punk preferences please, im so interested in knowing now...

man, that was really uncalled for... so below the belt...

i bet you havent heard the majority of bands i like, see me saying **** to people? no.... :angry:

Hey man chill dude, Silvabullit is just playin around (Hence all the smilies) its all good.

i was just interested in the wide variety of genre's...

if you care to look at my list, you will clearly see SLIPKNOT and KELLY CLARKSON listed

now thats a WTF MATE ^.^

Go MxPx!!! Use to listen to them heaps a few years back.

you stopped listening to them?? shame shame shame..

list your other punk preferences please, im so interested in knowing now...

And you probably don't want to start posting like that around the regs either :).

I could name countless bands you have never heard of (Being a manager in the music industry and also having a rather eclectic taste in music :)) but what would it prove?

Remember, its a forum, we can't see each other smile as we say tongue in cheek things, don't take the way we all talk to heart, most of us on here have known each other long enough that we take each other with a grain of salt and a laugh :).

still, not a nice thing to be joking around about

i never knew people ate scones with cream and jam until last week, does that mean i should slit my wrists and die :lol: :P :D :) :rolleyes: B)

Oh man, so many memories, i'm a pommie so the thought of Scones with jam and cream brings back memories :). Devonshire tea it is also known as I believe :)

Check out G3's new album, "Live In Tokyo" G3 (You probably know this) is Satriani, Via and Petrucci together :).

Call me an old fart if you must but here's what i love to listen to...

Best of Cold chisel

Best of INXS

Any thing by Midnight Oil

Best of the 70's and 80's

Plus the obligitory cruising music by the Eagles etc etc(Northy knows what I'm talking about) :P

Can't beat some good old classic Australian Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of prolly aren't even old enough to remember the 70's or the 80's :lol:

Just a gleam in your father's eye I'd imagine :lol:

Old Aussie hits are some of the best. :)

I usually play trance/happy hardcore, with some R&B thrown in.

Every now and then I pump up some Kenny G while cruising and tackling the twisties. :)

Don't know about Kenny G but definately Joe Satriani in particular Surfing with the Alien. What a great cruising album. :D

Dude relax and chill.... listen to some trance music :P :P :P

As Northy said my wife worked for Austereo for a number of years and has bought countless CD's of bands before they made it big in the mainstream arena. I do have a slight eclectic taste in music but don't like trance/techno(gives me a headache :o) , hardcore metal(gives me a headache:o ) and some of the hardcore rap that's nothing but swearing and the like(still gives me a headache :P )

So make of what you will and you can listen to whatever you like and I'll listen to whatever you like but my taste in music may just be a little more refined than most ;) Hence why Northy and I can cruise for hours listening to the all time classic bands without having it cranked to give me sore ears and do some spirited driving whilst still being able to concentrate and out drive all the others :P :P :P

Play that funky music white boy....... ;)

Since their tour earlier this year I cant stop listening to Nine Inch Nails. IMO the best song writer and musician is NIN's lead man Trent Reznor.

So my staker is filled with NIN....

With teeth

the downward spiral

pretty hate machine

further down the spiral

Broken

Fixed

If you have never listened to NIN's Fixed, you have yet to hear. :blink:

Since their tour earlier this year I cant stop listening to Nine Inch Nails. IMO the best song writer and musician is NIN's lead man Trent Reznor.

So my staker is filled with NIN....

With teeth

the downward spiral

pretty hate machine

further down the spiral

Broken

Fixed

If you have never listened to NIN's Fixed, you have yet to hear. :blink:

Pretty Hate Machine is in my top 10 albums of all time :)