lowering

blue_rolla

ok so hopefully just after christmas I will have enough money to go out and get me a new set of rims... i would like to lower that car while im at it, but i'm totally confused about the ways i can go about lowering...

i want to do something cheap for now, and then save a bit of money and then i think buy some new springs and shocks.. it seems to be what most people go for in a suspension setup...

i've heard about getting the springs chopped too. Is this safe? It sounds like the cheapest way to go. Would it be worth getting them chopped when i get my rims, and then in a couple of months time, when i've earned some more money, to get the whole lot replaced with new shocks and springs.

i got no idea... so let me know what you think is worth doing...

ok so hopefully just after christmas I will have enough money to go out and get me a new set of rims... i would like to lower that car while im at it, but i'm totally confused about the ways i can go about lowering...

i want to do something cheap for now, and then save a bit of money and then i think buy some new springs and shocks.. it seems to be what most people go for in a suspension setup...

i've heard about getting the springs chopped too. Is this safe? It sounds like the cheapest way to go. Would it be worth getting them chopped when i get my rims, and then in a couple of months time, when i've earned some more money, to get the whole lot replaced with new shocks and springs.

i got no idea... so let me know what you think is worth doing...

Dont chop your springs.. not safe, not legal and wont be insured

jsut get some king springs installed for $350 and ull be sweet

not legal? thats suprising...

ive seen a number of places advertising spring chopping for about $100... seemed like a cheap way to lower the car.

if its not legal and uninsurable, i definately wont be doing that... looks like my car will look like a hilux for a couple of months...

haha ah well it will all be worth it when im finished...

If you are going to get new rims just wait a little longer and get it lowered properly at the same time. If you talk to the guys you are buying the rims off, they might give you the springs for cheaper cause you just brought wheels and tyres off them. You might even be able to get super lows for even cheaper then low springs.

If you are going to get new rims just wait a little longer and get it lowered properly at the same time. If you talk to the guys you are buying the rims off, they might give you the springs for cheaper cause you just brought wheels and tyres off them. You might even be able to get super lows for even cheaper then low springs.

u cna buy JUST the springs for $220 .. if u can install it urself

just need a clamp and u should be sweet .. then take it in for an alignment when u get ur rims

• 3 weeks later...

u cna buy JUST the springs for $220 .. if u can install it urself

just need a clamp and u should be sweet .. then take it in for an alignment when u get ur rims

As stated above you can get a set of King lows or ultra lows for $220 off Ebay (plus $15 shipping). With a set of spring compressors you can change them yourself and then go for an alignment. Total cost is going to be well under $300. Thats what I did over the Christmas holidays with my gf's Ascent and to date is the cheapest way to do it without cutting corners.

Just open a credit card and use up the 55 days interest free. Even after ur 55 days.. the interest wouldnt be that much .. $25 a month max.

Dont 4get after u lower ur car u must get a wheel alignment as the stock setup has changed.

dude if u wait a little u can buy my kings from me ..... as they have served me well but its time to move to bigger and better things ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

• 10 months later...