100 series front wheel clunking noise

JohnL

Hi everyone,

My first post in this forum so please go easy on me.

I just started working on my own car so pretty novice in term of car parts and terminology. I own a Landcruiser 1999 100 series.

On my recent trip to the O'Reily's NP I could hear the front wheel (driver side) making clunking noise whenever going over bumps on rough roads. I did some checking of the shock absorbers and appeared OK, no wore bushing. Did some googling and saw several videos on youtube and I think it might be the sway bar causing the noise. On inspection it appears at the end of the sway bar, where it is bolted to the axle assembly, a rubber bushing is missing (see attached photo). Can anyone recommend where I can get the spare part beside the Toyota Dealer? I look on the SuperPro.com.au for the part but I'm confused what to get.

Thanks for you help.

post-36917-0-54116500-1415096314_thumb.j

Edited by JohnL

Hey John,

looks about right,-

try

allfourx4.com.au

themountco.com.au

& I would happily recommend SydneyCityparts on fleabay for genuine - the guy does an excellent job & the parts are shipped faster than you can get to the dealer

have a look at the other rubbers while you are under there - usually they fail from being ground away by grit or oil saturation from a drip above somewhere.

careful if you go to urethane over rubber - some of the urethanes last less time with the grit - just acts like sandpaper.

Rgds

Gary.