A challenge has been issued ...

Howdy all :D

Its Nate here from the Ozmazda Club ... just dropping in to say hi :P

My car deffinately isnt a rocket but for what its cost me it goes alright! its good to see some friendly competition going on! and yes the fore mentioned SP20 is a quick piece of kit and a tidy looking package too boot!

we do have one or two secret weapons that will put a sportvio in its place but you will have to wait until the day to see what we are packing :ph34r:

see you all on the night

Nate

and you think that we wont be packing the same sort of things for the drag day :P :D

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello...just thought I'd drop by and provide with the latest list of details we're running with.

Those of us over on the mazda forums are organising a cruise to the event, with the following schedule. If you wish to tag along, please do so!

- February 25, 2006

- Meet at Milton McDonalds around 12.30pm.

- Leave Milton McDonalds no later than 12.40pm

- Arrive BP Goodna 1.00pm. Check tyre pressures and buy any food and drinks required

- Leave BP Goodna no later than 1.20pm

- Arrive Heit Park, Willowbank at 1.45pm (map - http://www.whereis.com/whereis/mappi...6679&brandId=1 )

- Eat snags and talk up our cars

- Leave Heit Park, Willowbank at no later than 3.40pm

- Arrive Willowbank gates at 3.45pm

Naturally anyone can join in anywhere along the journey.

Snags will be offered offered by me at the Willowbank park for $1ea + $0.50 for onions, pending confirmation of bbq at the park or portable bbq. I'll post back when I know for sure whats going on with this!!!

Racing requirements :

- Helmet, at least motorbike approved (open face ok - cheapies can be purchased for $60 from a motorbike shop)

- Long sleaved shirt

- Full length pants

- Closed shoes (ie no thongs)

Entry fee for racing is $36. This admits the driver and 1 other. That 1 other can be in another car

Spectators are $18, or $16 for students

If anyone is up for a cruise afterwards we can decide that on the day.

We've also decided that in the spirit of healthy competition, that we'll have some prizes! dont get too excited, they'll probably just be certificates done up in word..Perpetual trophy will be some dead, and spraypainted random engine part (the golden throttlebody, perhaps) here we go;

1 - Best ET

2 - Best MPH

3 - Best Reaction

4 - Best Presented Vehicle (one for each make, voted by opposite team)

5 - Worst ET

6 - Worst MPH

7 - Worst Reaction

8 - Worst Presented Vehicle (one for each make, voted on by opposite team)

9 - Best Burnout

10 - Funniest Burnout

11 - Perpetual trophy, decided in one of the following ways, dependent on how busy the track is.

i - 3 way shoot out. Top 3 drivers from each team in a DYO shoot out. Points based. 1st place 6 points, 2nd 5, 3rd 4 down to 6th 1.

ii - Team with most wins in "best" category.

perpetual trophy award method to be decided before all other results calculated - to prevent diddling the method to one or the other teams advantage.

teams to each nominate 2 judges for burn outs - preferably non-driving spectators. These to score each burn out 1 - 10... calculations at end of meet.

worst awards worked out on the best times for each individual, to prevent artificially winning the award. Those deemed by judges to be attempting to win these awards contrary to the spirit of the awards can deem them ineligable. Worst of awards cannot count towards team victory if shoot out event called off.

To keep things fair, mazda judges will judge toyotas and toyota judges will judge the mazdas when it comes to burnouts..should stop bias from sneaking in..not that I think it will.

Suggest nominating one person on the day as team captain..for the purpose of working out how the perpetual trophy will be worked out on the day...so 2 people can argue it out, instead of 20.

Anyway, should be a good mix of awards for those just after some fun, and some for the serious folk who want to really get into it. Comments welcome...

Edited by LordWorm

sounds like its going to be a fun day both on and off the strip.

Hope so Northy. If you guys could possibly give me some indication of who will be requiring snags etc..i'll know how much to buy =)

if anyone lives nearby the park in question, check it out and let me know if there is a bbq =)

To celebrate this great upcoming event, Buddha has decided to shout himself a new helmet, one which he could use in such events in the future, or when he occasionally goes karting. B)

My criterion are that it be full face and cheap-as, no professional delusions here! :P

Can anyone direct me to a decent shop in Brissie that might be able to assist me without making me feel like a total knob? :huh:

Can anyone direct me to a decent shop in Brissie that might be able to assist me without making me feel like a total knob? :huh:

hrm, now thats asking bit much hey buddah :P

I'm now pretending that you mean there are no decent shops in Brissie ... i.e. no reference to any previous "knobness" on my part! :blink:

got a couple of guys with old school FI astinas who will be there on the day to drag (cant stop them, its an open event.) but they want to compete.... anyone know of anyone with old school nasty turbo or SC rollas to go up against them ? if not its fine, we'll just not count the FI 323s results..and just watch them hurtle down the quarter mile for nothing! :)

anyone know of anyone with old school nasty turbo or SC rollas to go up against them ?

We might be able to find a supercharged Rolla around, but definitely nothing "nasty" ... although Holden can do you a good deal on a Viva, if that's your thing :P

do we have any idea of numbers yet?

looks like at this stage team mazda will consist of more than 10 cars competing, and a handful of cars just showing up for support and a bit of fun (majority of these are boosted, or not mazdas at all..thus wont be eligable.)

Let's start a list of who's going to the drag day. Add you name ot the list below;

1. Silvabullit (Sportivo)*spectating*

2. Northy (Sportivo)

3. Buddha (Corolla wagon)

4. Mr Horsepower (Suzuki TL1000 V Twin)

5. Olddog13 (Honda VTR 1000)

6. Superdave (Sportivo)

7. Superdave's brother (Renault Clio)

8. Wei Wei (Sportivo)

9. Stoopid Head (Sportivo) *may be a spectator*

10. Hsien (Corolla sedan) *spectator*

11. Hdache (Sportivo) *spectator*

12. Kungfucamel (Sportivo)

13. Pippy (Corolla)

14. Shadow (Sportivo)*possible*

15. Svalerko(Corolla)

16. Ash's red rolla(Sportivo) *spectator*

17. Yaris girl Aus (Yaris)

18. gg888 (Sportivo)

Cool, looks like your actual valid competitors will be very simillar to ours...so the teams will be even (which makes things easier!!)

So if I say buy 2 sausages for each person on your list (spectators included) and chop up maybe half a dozen onions, we should be sweet for the bbq?? This'll cover the non-eaters and the eater who want to eat more than 2 sausages...

prices will remain the same, bread with snag, $1.00, plus 50c for onions, sauce free....shall provide tomato and bbq....

1. Silvabullit (Sportivo)*spectator*

2. Northy (Sportivo)

3. Buddha (Corolla wagon)

4. Mr Horsepower (Suzuki TL1000 V Twin)

5. Olddog13 (Honda VTR 1000)

6. Superdave (Sportivo)

7. Superdave's brother (Renault Clio)

8. Wei Wei (Sportivo)

9. Stoopid Head (Sportivo) *may be a spectator*

10. Hsien (Corolla sedan) *spectator*

11. Hdache (Sportivo) *spectator*

12. Danthuyer (Sportivo)

13. Pippy (Corolla)

14. Shadow (Sportivo)*possible*

15. Svalerko (Corolla) *cheer leader* + more then 2 sausages eater.

Damn! I wish I could come... :angry:

Russ, your like me, you'd want at least 9 sausages.... and then still stop at Maccas on the way home....

Don't worry, Northy'll join you :P

Edited by Azza

Lordworm sees what I eat each day at work, so he knows to stock up! ;)

Just a quick drag-newbie question ... on Thursday night, some of the guys were discussing tyre pressures, even to the point of reducing pressure to 20 psi or thereabouts, I assume to aid grip.

My question is, how crucial is tyre pressure, or more to the point, what is the likely effect of running normal tyre pressure on the strip? My Yokies are filled with Nitrogen so I don't want to be dealing with pressures at the track if I can avoid it.

If its super-crucial, then I might stay on the sidelines, which would deprive everyone of seeing the fastest wagon there, which would mean the crowd leave in disgust, and we don't want that, do we? :lol:

if ur serious about getting a good ET or improving on it, than its prob wise to lower ur tyre pressure

it helps with traction on the launch

but if ur there just to have a bit of fun, than i wouldnt worry about it too much ...

:)

if ur serious about getting a good ET or improving on it, than its prob wise to lower ur tyre pressure

but if ur there just to have a bit of fun, than i wouldnt worry about it too much ...

Cool, all I needed to know ... thanks Wei Wei! :)

Damn! I wish I could come... :angry:

Russ, your like me, you'd want at least 9 sausages.... and then still stop at Maccas on the way home....

Don't worry, Northy'll join you :P

Yeh man, whats 2 sausages for big boy like me. I might ask mum to pack me a big eski of food and drinks hahaah :D

Cool, all I needed to know ... thanks Wei Wei! :)

mm...so if lowering the tyre pressure help with launch trackion?? Then how does increased tyre pressure help with normal track racing??