A challenge has been issued ...

Lower pressures allows the more rubber on the track and for the tyre itself to be softer when hot which is great for launches. On the track you need a stiff sidewall so the tyhres dont slide around on the rim and on the track surface so it's harder. There aren't corners on a drag strip so you don't need to worry if the tyres don't grip immediately on turn in.

Buddha - is your wagon an Auto? If so lower tyre pressure will not help... :P

I personally found that ~25psi to be acceptable (but that was at 16 degrees ambient)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lower pressures allows the more rubber on the track and for the tyre itself to be softer when hot which is great for launches. On the track you need a stiff sidewall so the tyhres dont slide around on the rim and on the track surface so it's harder. There aren't corners on a drag strip so you don't need to worry if the tyres don't grip immediately on turn in.

Buddha - is your wagon an Auto? If so lower tyre pressure will not help... :P

I personally found that ~25psi to be acceptable (but that was at 16 degrees ambient)

Yeah, I'm running the auto, so the pressures won't matter diddly to me!

I've predicted that on a head-to-head, I'll beat Lordworm's SP20 off the line, but I think he'll be past me before the finish line. Silvabullit and Northy have seen the wagon in action and might have an opinion, but I think my prediction will be close to the mark.

Well I will have expert coaching...and some throttlebody mods (not that they will yield massive power increases or anything :\)

Should be a good race tho..whoever wins will no doubt have bragging rights at the office until next time around...

An update on the food side of things... I am investigating buying some canned drink and flogging that off on the day as well, if i can sneak it through the gate... will be cheaper than the vending machines or whatever they have there on the day!

Hello...just thought I'd drop by and provide with the latest list of details we're running with.

We've also decided that in the spirit of healthy competition, that we'll have some prizes! dont get too excited, they'll probably just be certificates done up in word..Perpetual trophy will be some dead, and spraypainted random engine part (the golden throttlebody, perhaps) here we go;

1 - Best ET

2 - Best MPH

3 - Best Reaction

4 - Best Presented Vehicle (one for each make, voted by opposite team)

5 - Worst ET

6 - Worst MPH

7 - Worst Reaction

8 - Worst Presented Vehicle (one for each make, voted on by opposite team)

9 - Best Burnout

10 - Funniest Burnout

lol ive got a sure thingfor worst everything including funniest burnout cause mine wont do one!!!

Ok guys, some more updates...these are important ones to do with where we're meeting etc.

Rang up Ipswich city council re: the park we had chosen, and it doesnt have a bbq. To save me lugging my bbq out there and back, a decision has been made to move the bbq...

heres the run down on the Mazda schedule for the day:

- Meet at Milton McDonalds around 12.30pm.

- Leave Milton McDonalds no later than 12.40pm

- Arrive BP Goodna 1.00pm. Check tyre pressures etc

- Leave BP Goodna no later than 1.20pm

- Arrive Stallard Park, Yamanto at 1.40pm (map - http://www.whereis.com/whereis/mapping/ema...81287&brandId=1)

- Eat snags and talk up our cars

- Leave Stallard Park, Yamanto at no later than 3.30pm

- Arrive Willowbank gates at 3.45pm

Buddah tells me that you guys are thinking of meeting up at data3 or something in milton around a simillar time? Any benifit you think in doing a massive convoy out there?

Some other news. A forum member on our side has come up with this: - http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1743/mazda35bk.jpg . It will be awarded to mazda winners. He's also said he'll be making one for toyota winners with a rolla in there. Needs work, obviously, as it has a picture of a 6, not a 3 or 323..and no 6s are racing. But let me know what you think, as the toyota one will likely turn out to be very simillar.

We are also trying to get permission to slap the Oz Mazda Club logo on the award somewhere (probably in place of the mazda/toyota logos down the bottom)... and was wondering if someone at your end would like to get us some persmission to put the Toyota Owners Club forum logo on the award also (so its OMC vs toyota owners, not mazda vs toyota as the certificate currently suggests).

STILL trying to track down something suitable for the major prize... i'll keep you posted.

Edited by LordWorm

Hello...just thought I'd drop by and provide with the latest list of details we're running with.

We've also decided that in the spirit of healthy competition, that we'll have some prizes! dont get too excited, they'll probably just be certificates done up in word..Perpetual trophy will be some dead, and spraypainted random engine part (the golden throttlebody, perhaps) here we go;

1 - Best ET

2 - Best MPH

3 - Best Reaction

4 - Best Presented Vehicle (one for each make, voted by opposite team)

5 - Worst ET

6 - Worst MPH

7 - Worst Reaction

8 - Worst Presented Vehicle (one for each make, voted on by opposite team)

9 - Best Burnout

10 - Funniest Burnout

lol ive got a sure thingfor worst everything including funniest burnout cause mine wont do one!!!

We going to see a yaris on the drag day? woot :)

Buddha we might have some secret weapons for the wagon!!!! Some little go fast bits to beat the worm!!!!

Oooh goody! (Rubs hands with glee ;) )

Well, I dunno what these secret weapons are, but the Wormster questioned me on it today, so I guess he's running scared! :P

Buddha we might have some secret weapons for the wagon!!!! Some little go fast bits to beat the worm!!!!

Well, I dunno what these secret weapons are, but the Wormster questioned me on it today, so I guess he's running scared! :P

Thats it! running scared!

haha

Just hope the clutch holds up till the race day so I can give you the whupping you so deserve mate! haha

haha

Just hope the clutch holds up till the race day so I can give you the whupping you so deserve mate! haha

What ... is that an EXCUSE? At this early stage?? Hey, if the clutch goes on the day, is there any way you can make it look more spectacular, you know, for the photos? :D

Edited by Buddha

haha

What ... is that an EXCUSE? At this early stage?? Hey, if the clutch goes on the day, is there any way you can make it look more spectacular, you know, for the photos? :D

Dunno... what so as soon as the clutch gives way, you want me to deliberatly steer the car wildly towards the wagon, get a photo the second before impact? whoops... check that...i mean steer the car wildly INFRONT of the wagon ;)

haha

Dunno... what so as soon as the clutch gives way, you want me to deliberatly steer the car wildly towards the wagon, get a photo the second before impact? whoops... check that...i mean steer the car wildly INFRONT of the wagon ;)

Give me a moment while I reconsider whether I want to be on the track at the same time as you ... :huh:

he will have to catch you first :P

secret weapons going in today Northy ;)

in other news guys, check these out. These are the latest versions of the certificates. Mazda ones will be awarded to mazda winners, toyota ones to toyota winners. I am really happy with these and props go out to Steve_666 at omc for doing these up so quickly.

Few changes to come obviously, once we get permission to use the toyota owners club forum logo, it'll go on the certificates, and i am going to try and get him to make it "OMC vs Toyota Owners Club" instead of Toyota vs Mazda as it currently is... the race isnt sanctioned by either manufacturer, and it could be dangerous to imply that it is.

Anyway, I give you these...

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4581/mazda28ru.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9603/toyota7qo.jpg

Only 3 weeks till the showdown....

And I can't wait!

I'm more than happy with the response the car was giving me today on the agt cruise.... seems my intake mods have paid off...

Northy going to be out of action for the day? I hope not.....

a little off topic : what happened to you SILVABULLIT? we went one way towards the sunny coast..you turned around and went home!

you missed the best bits of the track!

=)

No offence to the Ozmazda people who attended but the people(I'm asuming from AstinaGT) drive like idiots!! <_< I decided to head for home as I liked my car in one piece and the ol' stomach was feeling a little queezy from last nights curry!! :unsure: But in all a nice drive but you guys need to not stop in such narrow spots right after blindish corners. I thought I was gonna get run into a few times by the young fellows in the ratty looking Astina's. :(

Shame we couldn't get a few more cars there but it was good to put the face to "Lordworm" :D