A challenge has been issued ...

No offence to the Ozmazda people who attended but the people(I'm asuming from AstinaGT) drive like idiots!! <_< I decided to head for home as I liked my car in one piece and the ol' stomach was feeling a little queezy from last nights curry!! :unsure: But in all a nice drive but you guys need to not stop in such narrow spots right after blindish corners. I thought I was gonna get run into a few times by the young fellows in the ratty looking Astina's. :(

Shame we couldn't get a few more cars there but it was good to put the face to "Lordworm" :D

Yeah I think I know the pair you are talking about specifically. A few others pulled back before you did because of them I fear. I was nearlly wiped out by the red guy who blew past me on a blind corner for no reason... 3 corners later he was pulled up due to overheating. He complained his radiator wasnt big enough or something....i reckon his overheating probs would be solved by driving less like a retard!. It was great meeting up with you though... good to see some cross forum action happening...hopefully we can get you out in an all OMC meetup at some point... or perhaps organise a full blown OMC/TOC cruise for the future???

The stopping and starting got to me a bit...was my first cruise... stopped in silly places..when there were perfectly good lookouts to stop at along the way! The other half was upset because she got all blurry photos, because i was constantly pushing to keep the poor almost stock SP20 up with everyone else.. didnt want to lose the pack...We were running late though, didnt get to the end until prob 1 hour after we intended to ... which may explain the hectic pace in places... but yeah, those (especially the younger) AGT guys were a little scary!!!! Hope this doesnt count you out for future cruises... When I get the SP20 upto spec i'd love to have a crack at keeping up with you around Nebo! :)

you can cross me off the list for this one guys :( ill still be attending but as a spectator only.

Heard about your troubles mate... damned shame. Noone likes a blown up engines..... its gotta ruin your day something shocking. Anything help you need in getting the beast back on the road, I'm sure plenty of the OMC guys would be willing to help out... was really looking forward to watching you and twilightprotege take each other on in the winner take all final!... hope your rebuild goes well... look forward to seeing you on the road at some point!... I'll throw you a free sausage on the drag day....think of it as my small donation to getting your car back on the road....

SO... whos going to Captain team toyota then? and how many numbers are we looking at? with Buddha's car on the market and Norhty unfortunatly out of action... do we have others stepping up to the plate to help make this a real contest?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Northy can captain us(all fearing one :P ) but I'm sure Wei Wei will have a crack.

He had a crack at me at a set of lights... i wasnt trying to race him or anything... i think i've already done my licence a week ago during a moment of stupidity (i'll see if i get a photo in hte mail this week i spose...) so i wasnt willing to risk it..but i had a reasonably agressive launch...nothing huge mind you, no smoking wheels, no flat shifting to second, no redlining...and i put him away..his launch was PATHETIC...he caught up 100m later and just kept hammering it...then by the looks of it tried to square Twilight up (the leader..I can attest to the fact that his car is really really quick...)... not sure if twilight had a go at him, was too far back..will have to ask.

According to his AGT "readers ride"...he makes "180kW at the fly" and "140ish at the wheels.." how he can be so sure about his flywheel horsepower but only able to give an "ish" as far as wheel hp makes me think he's full of hot air... overheard someone say he'd be making 105 at the wheels tops... i guess we'll see on the day!

Anyway...as I said before..hope this doenst make you think we are ALL retards...

I have pretty much finished working out the race format for the day as far as how we're going to keep track of whos fastest and what not.. shouldnt matter who you are up against, we'll still be able to work it all out off time sheets and what not at the end of the day so it should be fantastic!

there would be no gains to be had, he would prolly go backwards.

I'm no expert..so i'll bow to your superior wisdom on this one...

hopefully your rebuild gets you out bigger and better than before...(if your head aint screwed, work it up for a swap over or something! see if you can do something simillar to the vtec killer kits...and just have the big "lift" cam on all the time!!!)

Anyhow...good luck with it all....i'll keep an eye out for the rebuild thread =)

Trying to convince the other half i *need* lowering springs and new exhaust for the drag day...get myself upto the mid 80kW at the wheel range...

not sure if shes sold on the idea yet...hrmmm

After some great news in that we've decided to keep the wagon, unfortunately I have some bad news, in that I won't be able to attend the drag day.

Someone (yes, I'm looking at you, Mrs Buddha <_< ) failed to advise me of a friend's wedding happening on the same day, so I'm stuck!

My only option is to play dead on the day, and get someone to collect my "corpse" from the morgue on the way out to Willowbank, but if Mrs Buddha realises what I'm up to, then I'm guaranteed a real funeral in the near future! :P

Sorry, folks, but you're going to have to dissect the Worm without me! :(

After some great news in that we've decided to keep the wagon, unfortunately I have some bad news, in that I won't be able to attend the drag day.

Someone (yes, I'm looking at you, Mrs Buddha <_< ) failed to advise me of a friend's wedding happening on the same day, so I'm stuck!

My only option is to play dead on the day, and get someone to collect my "corpse" from the morgue on the way out to Willowbank, but if Mrs Buddha realises what I'm up to, then I'm guaranteed a real funeral in the near future! :P

Sorry, folks, but you're going to have to dissect the Worm without me! :(

Selling the car didnt work, so now you have to go and goto a wedding to get out of racing me?? There is no shame in just admitting defeat :P

Nah that sucks mate... given it was your idea... I'm sure another auto rolla will give me satisfaction :)

Great news about keeping the wagon... the thought of you driving around in a banged up rental was a little sad!

Selling the car didnt work, so now you have to go and goto a wedding to get out of racing me?? There is no shame in just admitting defeat :P

Nah that sucks mate... given it was your idea... I'm sure another auto rolla will give me satisfaction :)

Great news about keeping the wagon... the thought of you driving around in a banged up rental was a little sad!

I wasn't too worried about driving a banged up rental ... I figured it'd have to be better than any Mazda! :lol:

Now, I must see if Xoom will loan me his flame suit for a while ... :P

hahaha

in all seriousness guys

we need numbers

mainly so we know if we are running too many competitions on the day...

last thing you want is to be out numbered 3 to 1 by mazdas..and at this stage with those who i know are coming from here, thats what its looking like...

sorry to sound like a broken record but it'd be great if you could get this done ....

Cheers

Let's start a list of who's going to the drag day. Add you name ot the list below;

1. Silvabullit (Sportivo)*spectator*

4. Mr Horsepower (Suzuki TL1000 V Twin)

5. Olddog13 (Honda VTR 1000)

6. Superdave (Sportivo)

7. Superdave's brother (Renault Clio)

9. Stoopid Head (Sportivo) *may be a spectator*

10. Hsien (Corolla sedan) *spectator*

11. Hdache (Sportivo) *spectator*

12. Kungfucamel (Sportivo)

13. Pippy (Corolla)

14. Shadow (Sportivo)*possible*

15. Svalerko(Corolla)

16. Ash's red rolla(Sportivo) *spectator*

17. Yaris girl Aus (Yaris)

18. gg888 (Sportivo)

Who out of this list is still coming? Please indicate as we need to know numbers :D Especially for food. We need to double the amount if Svalerko and his brother are coming :P

Let's start a list of who's going to the drag day. Add you name ot the list below;

1. Silvabullit (Sportivo)*spectator*

4. Mr Horsepower (Suzuki TL1000 V Twin)

5. Olddog13 (Honda VTR 1000)

6. Superdave (Sportivo)

7. Superdave's brother (Renault Clio)

9. Stoopid Head (Sportivo) *may be a spectator*

10. Hsien (Corolla sedan) *spectator*

11. Hdache (Sportivo) *spectator*

12. Kungfucamel (Sportivo)

13. Pippy (Corolla)

14. Shadow (Sportivo)*possible*

15. Svalerko(Corolla)

16. Ash's red rolla(Sportivo) *spectator*

17. Yaris girl Aus (Yaris)

18. gg888 (Sportivo)

Who out of this list is still coming? Please indicate as we need to know numbers :D Especially for food. We need to double the amount if Svalerko and his brother are coming :P

Thanks for the heads up :P i'm buying the sausages tomorrow and freezing them (pay day..etc...only chance i'll get before the drag day and before the other half magically evaporates my entire fortnights pay!)

Thanks for the heads up :P i'm buying the sausages tomorrow and freezing them (pay day..etc...only chance i'll get before the drag day and before the other half magically evaporates my entire fortnights pay!)

Ha ha ... in the words of our esteemed boss, "Greg ... we gotta talk!"

Hello...just thought I'd drop by and provide with the latest list of details we're running with.

Those of us over on the mazda forums are organising a cruise to the event, with the following schedule. If you wish to tag along, please do so!

- February 25, 2006

- Meet at Milton McDonalds around 12.30pm.

- Leave Milton McDonalds no later than 12.40pm

- Arrive BP Goodna 1.00pm. Check tyre pressures and buy any food and drinks required

- Leave BP Goodna no later than 1.20pm

- Arrive Heit Park, Willowbank at 1.45pm (map - http://www.whereis.com/whereis/mappi...6679&brandId=1 )

- Eat snags and talk up our cars

- Leave Heit Park, Willowbank at no later than 3.40pm

- Arrive Willowbank gates at 3.45pm

Naturally anyone can join in anywhere along the journey.

Snags will be offered offered by me at the Willowbank park for $1ea + $0.50 for onions, pending confirmation of bbq at the park or portable bbq. I'll post back when I know for sure whats going on with this!!!

Racing requirements :

- Helmet, at least motorbike approved (open face ok - cheapies can be purchased for $60 from a motorbike shop)

- Long sleaved shirt

- Full length pants

- Closed shoes (ie no thongs)

Entry fee for racing is $36. This admits the driver and 1 other. That 1 other can be in another car

Spectators are $18, or $16 for students

If anyone is up for a cruise afterwards we can decide that on the day.

We've also decided that in the spirit of healthy competition, that we'll have some prizes! dont get too excited, they'll probably just be certificates done up in word..Perpetual trophy will be some dead, and spraypainted random engine part (the golden throttlebody, perhaps) here we go;

1 - Best ET

2 - Best MPH

3 - Best Reaction

4 - Best Presented Vehicle (one for each make, voted by opposite team)

5 - Worst ET

6 - Worst MPH

7 - Worst Reaction

8 - Worst Presented Vehicle (one for each make, voted on by opposite team)

9 - Best Burnout

10 - Funniest Burnout

11 - Perpetual trophy, decided in one of the following ways, dependent on how busy the track is.

i - 3 way shoot out. Top 3 drivers from each team in a DYO shoot out. Points based. 1st place 6 points, 2nd 5, 3rd 4 down to 6th 1.

ii - Team with most wins in "best" category.

perpetual trophy award method to be decided before all other results calculated - to prevent diddling the method to one or the other teams advantage.

teams to each nominate 2 judges for burn outs - preferably non-driving spectators. These to score each burn out 1 - 10... calculations at end of meet.

worst awards worked out on the best times for each individual, to prevent artificially winning the award. Those deemed by judges to be attempting to win these awards contrary to the spirit of the awards can deem them ineligable. Worst of awards cannot count towards team victory if shoot out event called off.

To keep things fair, mazda judges will judge toyotas and toyota judges will judge the mazdas when it comes to burnouts..should stop bias from sneaking in..not that I think it will.

Suggest nominating one person on the day as team captain..for the purpose of working out how the perpetual trophy will be worked out on the day...so 2 people can argue it out, instead of 20.

Anyway, should be a good mix of awards for those just after some fun, and some for the serious folk who want to really get into it. Comments welcome...

is all of this info still relevant?

Hello...just thought I'd drop by and provide with the latest list of details we're running with.

Those of us over on the mazda forums are organising a cruise to the event, with the following schedule. If you wish to tag along, please do so!

- February 25, 2006

- Meet at Milton McDonalds around 12.30pm.

- Leave Milton McDonalds no later than 12.40pm

- Arrive BP Goodna 1.00pm. Check tyre pressures and buy any food and drinks required

- Leave BP Goodna no later than 1.20pm

- Arrive Heit Park, Willowbank at 1.45pm (map - http://www.whereis.com/whereis/mappi...6679&brandId=1 )

- Eat snags and talk up our cars

- Leave Heit Park, Willowbank at no later than 3.40pm

- Arrive Willowbank gates at 3.45pm

Naturally anyone can join in anywhere along the journey.

Snags will be offered offered by me at the Willowbank park for $1ea + $0.50 for onions, pending confirmation of bbq at the park or portable bbq. I'll post back when I know for sure whats going on with this!!!

Racing requirements :

- Helmet, at least motorbike approved (open face ok - cheapies can be purchased for $60 from a motorbike shop)

- Long sleaved shirt

- Full length pants

- Closed shoes (ie no thongs)

Entry fee for racing is $36. This admits the driver and 1 other. That 1 other can be in another car

Spectators are $18, or $16 for students

If anyone is up for a cruise afterwards we can decide that on the day.

We've also decided that in the spirit of healthy competition, that we'll have some prizes! dont get too excited, they'll probably just be certificates done up in word..Perpetual trophy will be some dead, and spraypainted random engine part (the golden throttlebody, perhaps) here we go;

1 - Best ET

2 - Best MPH

3 - Best Reaction

4 - Best Presented Vehicle (one for each make, voted by opposite team)

5 - Worst ET

6 - Worst MPH

7 - Worst Reaction

8 - Worst Presented Vehicle (one for each make, voted on by opposite team)

9 - Best Burnout

10 - Funniest Burnout

11 - Perpetual trophy, decided in one of the following ways, dependent on how busy the track is.

i - 3 way shoot out. Top 3 drivers from each team in a DYO shoot out. Points based. 1st place 6 points, 2nd 5, 3rd 4 down to 6th 1.

ii - Team with most wins in "best" category.

perpetual trophy award method to be decided before all other results calculated - to prevent diddling the method to one or the other teams advantage.

teams to each nominate 2 judges for burn outs - preferably non-driving spectators. These to score each burn out 1 - 10... calculations at end of meet.

worst awards worked out on the best times for each individual, to prevent artificially winning the award. Those deemed by judges to be attempting to win these awards contrary to the spirit of the awards can deem them ineligable. Worst of awards cannot count towards team victory if shoot out event called off.

To keep things fair, mazda judges will judge toyotas and toyota judges will judge the mazdas when it comes to burnouts..should stop bias from sneaking in..not that I think it will.

Suggest nominating one person on the day as team captain..for the purpose of working out how the perpetual trophy will be worked out on the day...so 2 people can argue it out, instead of 20.

Anyway, should be a good mix of awards for those just after some fun, and some for the serious folk who want to really get into it. Comments welcome...

all but the heit park bit..its been moved to another park...

http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/showpost...87&postcount=86

details are there.

I suggest both teams meet at the milton maccas ....

all but the heit park bit..its been moved to another park...

http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/showpost...87&postcount=86

details are there.

I suggest both teams meet at the milton maccas ....

excellent, milton macca's at 12.30... thats all i need to know :D thanks

yeah im still in il be the sad car everyone laughs at!!!! i mite convince another yaris or two to come

I test drove a yaris before i bought the SP20...they are not too shabby..no idea how they'll go down the strip, but there will be a few stockish 1.8L 323s, and some older astinas there (some far more powerful than others...)...so i wouldnt discount your chances at throwing something down.

You can also rip things out to drop your weight (rear seats and spare wheel would prob yield the biggest results...)...

My car will prob be running without the rear seats, spare wheel and jack...

tho i wanna do some runs in street trim to get some benchmarks

superdave: not till late until the day..but i would like some rough numbers for when i go shopping for the sausages... BBQ is for a good cause...its for the "Buy LordWorm a Sports Exhaust Fund" :)

yeah im still in il be the sad car everyone laughs at!!!! i mite convince another yaris or two to come

You won't get laughed at ... for a start, your Yaris is pretty sweet anyway, but I believe there will be much worse out there, too.

Who knows, the boys from the Mighty Boy forums might show up!