Spark Plugs/Connecting rods

Hi i am just wondering what spark plugs do we have in our cars/

Iridium ones?

Whats the difference? Platinum/Iridium/So on and so on.

Is there a big difference at all if you change to high quality ones?

I heard we have stock NGK iridiums ones.

Also. Connecting rods. Whats the deal with these?

Idium Spark plugs are suppose to give you a more focused, stronger spark to get that little extra performace out of the combustion cycle.

They also last longer.

Platinum spark plus i think last longer but dont have the 'performace' gains.

2ndly: The connecting rod is what connects the piston to the crank shaft. For a better insight into what it does and looks like visit http://www.howstuffworks.com/

• 1 year later...

i just wanna know..

wt does these spark plug wires do??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-CORO...1QQcmdZViewItem

does it do anything?

Well according to their add...

- 6 CORE on each wires to significantly reduce both electrical resistance and heat generated in all wires

- 6 CORE is much better to delivers maximum voltage to the spark plug for a hotter, more powerful, engine start smooth, less carbon build up, better fuel consumption and resulting in optimum engine performance

- Use in conjunction with high power firing spark plugs for maximum horsepower gain, increase 5-7 horsepower and greater fuel and engine efficiency at low-end as well as top speed

I had some custom Magnecor Plug leads mad up for my previous 4AGE 20 Valve and to be honest it didn't notice any difference.... I am sure there are probably benifits for using them in race cars but for a street car I dont think you will notice much anyhow..

Either way for your 1ZZ or 2ZZ corolla all they are going to do is waste your money... as the ZZ's use 'coil on plug' ie. they dont have plug leads as the coils are built into the spark plug connector :)