OK GUYS AND GALS

ok being where i live theres alot of dirt roads and so on anyway over the time ive had my stivo ive have heaps a stone chips in my bonnet.

now the problem is the paint toyota gave me doesnt match and i got some left over paint from my panel beater when he did my eye lids and grill anyway ive touched up the stone chips and at the time it looked fine but now its dried IT LOOKS **** AWFUL the paint doesnt match and from a distance looks fine but up close it looks like someone has gone to town on my bonnet with the red stuff ya put on wounds.lol

anyway i need to know if can be cut and polished out or if there is anyway to fix this problem without repainting the bonnet as i dont have the funds to get that done.

please any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

ok being where i live theres alot of dirt roads and so on anyway over the time ive had my stivo ive have heaps a stone chips in my bonnet.

now the problem is the paint toyota gave me doesnt match and i got some left over paint from my panel beater when he did my eye lids and grill anyway ive touched up the stone chips and at the time it looked fine but now its dried IT LOOKS **** AWFUL the paint doesnt match and from a distance looks fine but up close it looks like someone has gone to town on my bonnet with the red stuff ya put on wounds.lol

anyway i need to know if can be cut and polished out or if there is anyway to fix this problem without repainting the bonnet as i dont have the funds to get that done.

please any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

I've used the touch up paint from toyota and touched up my bonnet from the chips also, results are like urs but in blue :lol: ..

Somebody point out the correct direction for us !!!

whats funny is i approached toyota 1. about the touchup paint not being right and 2. the fact the paint was so thin that its chips so easy and the ****ty white undercoat. anyway toyota cam back with i need to pay for an independent person to check the thickness of the paint and the person had to be from the NRMA or somthing but to get them to come look at it was $1000 so i didnt get it done.

i wish i had cause if i cant find a solution thats what itll basicly cost to get it re painted.

The black touch up paint that came with my car matched exactly. Pity the clear coat had leaked and dried up. At least your lucky and don't have metalic paint, because they would need to spray into the surrounding panels so it makes for a better paint job.

You could always use this as an excuse to get a carbon bonnet, at least it shouldn't chip ;)

The Toyota touch up paint needs to be mixed quite alot before applying, but even then it still doesn't quite match especially on the metalics.

my car is white.. i bought a white permanent marker - a special one that is pointed from art store.

It matches better than the touchup paint and my two bonnet dings cannot be seen unless u get within 20cm of it

well it was mixed right because my eyeslids/grill match perfect and he mixed it again before we used it yesterday. but to make things clear how bad it is.

it looks like ive used moroan to touch it up or like a reddy brown color.

yeah im waying up the carbon option because theres not much diff in a respray and getting the carbon fibre.

maybe i need a huge bonnet decal to cover it.lol

Firstly guys you have to get the paint in the touch up bottle mixed up. Either by leaving it out in the sun for a while or running the bottle under hot water until it's really runny making it easy to apply. I have the genuine toyota touch up paint for my Stivo and i can get it to match almost perfectly. Also stor it in a cool dry place away from heat otherwise it'll cause the colour to start differing from the clolour of the car. Also don't forget that your car will fade with time although you mighten think it is it will be unless you are vigilant with your polishing/waxing. Before you try to touch up a chip polish the surrounding area first to get the correct colour and gloss then you'll go a long way to getting a good match. :D

Firstly guys you have to get the paint in the touch up bottle mixed up. Either by leaving it out in the sun for a while or running the bottle under hot water until it's really runny making it easy to apply. I have the genuine toyota touch up paint for my Stivo and i can get it to match almost perfectly. Also stor it in a cool dry place away from heat otherwise it'll cause the colour to start differing from the clolour of the car. Also don't forget that your car will fade with time although you mighten think it is it will be unless you are vigilant with your polishing/waxing. Before you try to touch up a chip polish the surrounding area first to get the correct colour and gloss then you'll go a long way to getting a good match. :D

pitty its too late silva. :lol:

i think white and silver are pretty easy to touch up .. blue,red and black is just noticeable. :blink:

The paint that your pannel beater gave u do u know if its an Auto Acrylic or a 2pac???? Sum times acrylics can dry alittle darker over time!!! Like silvabullit said maybe get the bonnet buffed and it may become a little-less or maybe even completely unnoticable!!! I have found if u mix up the touch-up paints very well and here's a trick that i use get masking tape clean the area before hand with like a alcohol (iso/metho) so that the tape sticks mask round the chips with the tape then lightly dab the paint into the chips "BUT DONT FILL THE CRACK ON THE FIRST GO!!!!!" Build it up gradually by putting a thin coat use a hair dryer if its not a fine day to dry off between coats it should take 2-3 times to fill up the chip!!!! The masking tape just helps u to keep the paint in the same shape as the chip itself and it also helps to build up the paint to the height of the rest of the paint......

If you can get ur hands on an air-brush do the same masking technique but then just gently blow over it with the airbrush this will take a few more coats of paint but it gives a WAY better result!!! This is the way that we used to do stone chips for customers when i was still working at a pannel shop!!!!!!!!!

it was 2pac. plus its a little bit late to try again its already ruined.

also i approched my panel beater when i first had chip issues and he said to maybe just leave it.

but after getting the grill and eyelids done and they are a perfect match he said give it a go. he mixed the paint for me and hence still the same problem.

i also think its red in general had to match chips as years back i had a similar prob with my panalvan that was red.but it was fixed by a cut and polish.

im gonna try and get it cut and polished anyway (the car needs it) and see if it makes a diff otherwise ill have to bite the bullet and get a respray or carbon fibre bonnet.

or go for a vinyl design or if you can get ur hands on some vinyl from a sign writer do ur whole bonnet!!!!! The funny thing is i had to do a vinyl job on a mates car and part of the design was in red mind you this is an 03 stivo when i put the sticker on the body it completely dissapeared!!! It was the perfect colour match!!!!!! It was a avery 8year vinyl and i cant remember the colour code off the top of my head but go past a sign writer and ask to see colour chips of avery vinyl and put it up against your car in full day light !!!!! I think u'll be happily surprised!!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ :D :D :lol: