sportivo kit fake mesh

Mello

i have read on this forum that most corollas 2002-2005 have a problem with rotor cooling etc... and them warping.. so i have gone about checkout a stivo kit and the reasons why they put mesh in the kit (should be obvious).

Anywayz from looking i have noticed that from the outside its all looks and makes it sexy untill you look behind and there is a plastic plate covering the mesh from actually doing something. My guess is you should remove this plastic plate and actually provide air to flow through there and into the wheel/brake area thus my conclusion is providing some form of cooling to the rotors "is my assumption flawed?" "has anybody done this?" i understand most of you people dont want to get under or inside the car and get your hands dirty but thats just a thought after checking out a stivo kit from my perspective.

However there is a catch to removing these fake plates, you will have to slightly modify the iner arc plastic for air to flow through, front and rear.

I have also tried searching this up on the forum via the "search" function with mesh and nothing came up so i figured none of you have noticed that the mesh is not only for looks. B)

Hope this helps out for all you hardcore track stivo owners. (i doubt those that like draging would want to know this) :) If it does work please post up how you feel about it, does it lower the rate of warp? i know omn1potent is going onto a 3rd set of rotors =D (soon) so it must be a bad problem if theres no good cooling.

If this topic has been posted plz notify me and shut this down :lol:

p.s forgot to mention this is only relevant to the prefacelifts i think unless the facelift ones have mesh anywhere.

Edited by Mello

Speaking to my Toyota service manager about my brakes (30,000km and still 65% of pads left with No disc warping) he said the Japanese built ones will have little or no problems because of the better materials used. But it's common for the South African buillt examples to have discs replaced due to warping etc.

If you've experienced problems, I would have Toyota order parts from Japan and replace under warranty, I wouldn't mess around with machining etc.

• 5 weeks later...

I had another idea for the mesh on the rear of the side skirts. The mesh panels could be removed and prehaps trimmed out to make them a little bigger whilst maintaining the same shape.

Then a set of custom exhaust tips could be made along with piping for each side.

After some extensive retuning of the exhaust and components you'd have some nice side pipes!

side pipes are totally illegal. they look damn good but exit pipes have to be a minimum distance from windows. I think the cops would definitely defect you for it.

Yeah totally realise that they're illegal. But how cool would they look and sound!!!

• 3 weeks later...

side pipes are totally illegal. they look damn good but exit pipes have to be a minimum distance from windows. I think the cops would definitely defect you for it.

Yeah totally realise that they're illegal. But how cool would they look and sound!!!

Some 2 doors you can get away with them, but exhaust tips can't show or something. All technical crap.