front demister query

Zhen

Hi fellow Aurion owners

Just picked up my 2013 Aurion AT-X from the dealership today, the car has been exceptional overall so far but two things have caught my attention.

Oh and the dealership forgot to complete one part of the road worthy process so they lent me a loan car (2nd Gen Aurion AT-X as well), which I had for about 5 hours before picking up my car.

1. When I turn on the front demister in my car the fan speed goes from off or 1 to full blast. Is that supposed to happen? When I used it on the loan car it stayed on 1 and demisted the wind screen just fine.

2. It might just be me but after going from the loan car to my car it felt like the engine was much more audible especially at the lower revs under 3000 rpm, and the overall engine sounds different, slightly higher pitched. It was like part of the NVH insulation was missing or something.

Thanks in advance for any input :)

1. The sensors inside the car decides what the temperature is inside and the temperature that the climate control is set at before setting the fan speed. In most cases, it will turn on low (1-2) before going straight to a speed or 6-7 (if it needs to) in order to clear the glass as quickly as possible. My Aurion does that, as well as my Corolla.

2. The noise will differ as the car ages. My car was literally dead silent when I picked it up brand new, but it has since developed a more audible tone. Fresh oil upon servicing will dampen the engine noise a bit until the oil breaks down during the interval, but it will never be the same as a brand new engine. The noise difference when the oil is new to when it has broken down is that the engine will whir a bit when the rpm rises to 2.5k and above. How long has it been since its last service? The engine usually gets louder after around 3-4000 km.

I've driven other used Aurions and they behave the same. Try and have a listen to the engine after it is serviced to see whether the noise is dampened or not.

Hi,

Re your front demister with the climate control on (auto) the front demister will blow up on start as you described you can get a Toyota dealer to turn off this option via hooking it up to a Laptop using their Techstream software or you can buy a lead and the software (unauthorized version) off ebay and do it yourself.

Cheers

Hi fellow Aurion owners

Just picked up my 2013 Aurion AT-X from the dealership today, the car has been exceptional overall so far but two things have caught my attention.

Oh and the dealership forgot to complete one part of the road worthy process so they lent me a loan car (2nd Gen Aurion AT-X as well), which I had for about 5 hours before picking up my car.

1. When I turn on the front demister in my car the fan speed goes from off or 1 to full blast. Is that supposed to happen? When I used it on the loan car it stayed on 1 and demisted the wind screen just fine.

2. It might just be me but after going from the loan car to my car it felt like the engine was much more audible especially at the lower revs under 3000 rpm, and the overall engine sounds different, slightly higher pitched. It was like part of the NVH insulation was missing or something.

Thanks in advance for any input :)

1) Nothing unusual. My front dermistor blows up like a hairdryer full blast. I might speak to the service centre on my next visit. Bought my 2013 AT-X from the dealer in March.

2. Not sure about this. Hard to quantify unless personally there to listen to the engine sound.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the input guys. I took the car back to the dealership and it turns out the windscreen was not sealed properly. The technician sat in the car, started it up and revved it a bit and immediately said "oh yeah, I can hear that from a mile away" haha.

Since then they had resealed it and it is much better now.