Newbie - Headlights - New Sportivo 05 owner

Hi All,

I purchased my facelift Sportivo 05 in December. Whenever I drive at night with the normal headlights on (not high beams) cars start flashing their lights at me as if I had high beams on. Because of this I can forget about driving with the fog lights on, as well. My friends and I have compared the strentgh and brightness of the headlights and they do seem very bright and strong. The thing is that's how I got it from the dealer - I have not made any mods to the car at all, yet.

Can anyone tell me what is the normal strength/brightness of headlights? Or is it also because of the positioning of the lights on the stock Sportivo being high (compared to my Lancer)?

cheers

Can anyone tell me what is the normal strength/brightness of headlights? Or is it also because of the positioning of the lights on the stock Sportivo being high (compared to my Lancer)?

haha! I noticed that too with the sportivos headlights copared to my lancer. I just thought the lancer lights were dull.

ps. way for both of us to go from a lancer to a facelift sportivo

Yer got alot of flashing while visiting my dad in the country... just hit em with the Highbeams... then they realise you're on low beam

When we went for a night cruise i did think myself that the sportivos following me had very bright headlights

haha! I noticed that too with the sportivos headlights copared to my lancer. I just thought the lancer lights were dull.

ps. way for both of us to go from a lancer to a facelift sportivo

I went from a lancer to a sportivo also

Yer got alot of flashing while visiting my dad in the country... just hit em with the Highbeams... then they realise you're on low beam

When we went for a night cruise i did think myself that the sportivos following me had very bright headlights

Same, twisties in the country at night. The placement of the headlights is high, so this is always going to happen, and my low beams are adjusted reasonably low too.