TRD Sport M???

K guys, hope someone can help. I've noticed only recently that i have this sticker on the inside of my drivers door.

post-1543-1138998399_thumb.jpg

U can clearly see the TRD and M letters but unfortunately I dont speak japanese. I've also noticed that my VVLTi on my engine cover is RED versus everyone elses' as theirs is in white. Unfortunately, I havent been able to check the inside of the doors of other cars.

Logical deduction says TRD Sports M if assumptions count, but unfortuantely, sometimes they dont.

Any thoughts? Anyone speak Japanese?

Appreciate it...

i asked my friend and this is his reply:

"seller: Toyota modellista international"

"product name: RunX TRD Sport M"

When you want Supply arrangement

when you want Modellista's part, please contact the modellista's shops which listed on the warranty.

If you want something out of the list, please talk with the shops which listed on the catalog.

K guys, hope someone can help. I've noticed only recently that i have this sticker on the inside of my drivers door.

post-1543-1138998399_thumb.jpg

U can clearly see the TRD and M letters but unfortunately I dont speak japanese. I've also noticed that my VVLTi on my engine cover is RED versus everyone elses' as theirs is in white. Unfortunately, I havent been able to check the inside of the doors of other cars.

Logical deduction says TRD Sports M if assumptions count, but unfortuantely, sometimes they dont.

Any thoughts? Anyone speak Japanese?

Appreciate it...

maybe u got the Sports M model. BUt the sports M model have silver engine cover. this should include polished head and trd muffler as standards. It also have this funny looking pad underneath the car on the torsion beam or something.

trd sport M does come with a black engine cover and the red vvtl-i.

it should have red springs and shocks, version S muffler, the pink TRD air filter (looks same as original filter, supposedly higher-flow), and some other minor cosmetic stuff.

the stuff that danz talked about is optional. factory polished head comes with the silver engine cover.

if ya car doesn't have any of the listed stuff above, maybe that sticker is just for a promotional thing for "warrantiable" aftermarket bits.

Edited by shaohaok

I appreciate all the responses =)

I didnt buy the car brand new, it was an import directly from Japan, When I bought the car, it had 27000k and I bought it in August 2005. The car came with the red decal on the engine, the red TRD dropin filter, the S Type TRD exhaust but unlike the red shocks and springs described by Shaohaok, it came with green struts and yellow springs.

These are a few pictures I took with my cell phone when I first went to test drive the car and decided I was going to take it.

post-1543-1139070310_thumb.jpg

The sticker on the inside of the door doesnt seem after market. it definitely has a factory look from the finish in terms of how it sits on the metal and its placement.

In terms of performance the car does seem to pull abit abit harder, but I've since added the CAI and its pulls even noticeablyharder from 5000 til the red shift light invades the cockpit.

I'm seriously contemplating getting the short shifter, but to be honest, once I had my friend's BZ-T wagon with a short shift kit and i couldn't find the bloddy gears :unsure: . It was most embarassing... I'm sure it will just take time to adjust to the closeness, but mistakes can be costly...

K, =) once again all the responces add some clarity.

According the the codes my ride is NOT a sports M. But I am inclined to think that it was styled by Toyota Modellista. Sort of like if you bought a 5 or 3 series with the M-Sport styling.

Regardless, damn good car if you ask me. My initial purchase inclination was the Civic Type-R with the K20A 2L engne, but for 10K USD more than my Runx, the opportunity cost didnt make sense.

With the CAI fitted, the car is wonderful on WOT. My next major upgrade, LSD ;) yummy!!!

Pr.

Hey Highlift

Where ar eyou located? id love to check the car out at a meet or somthing?

i think you need to go to US mate, in his last reply he did mention that Civic Type R cost 10K USD more than RUNX.

Hey Highlift

i think you need to go to US mate, in his last reply he did mention that Civic Type R cost 10K USD more than RUNX.

Haha, I'm in BARBADOS in the West Indies, :D So unless you're coming for the world cup next yr, hehe, I'd have to snap some pictures for you.

Its unfortunate that we dont have the same sort of meets like you guys, even though if we did, it would be a whole lot of 20V corollas as they "rule" the streets here. [Power to weight ratio is a b*tch when most of those rollas are 1000kg or LESS :o]

I cant tell you how stiff the competition is between the 20V and the Runx'. I've got to be careful sometimes when i see lights appear in the back flashing. Alot of them have got TONS of work done, and one shift out of lift means its OVER...

Hey Highlift

Haha, I'm in BARBADOS in the West Indies, :D So unless you're coming for the world cup next yr, hehe, I'd have to snap some pictures for you.

Its unfortunate that we dont have the same sort of meets like you guys, even though if we did, it would be a whole lot of 20V corollas as they "rule" the streets here. [Power to weight ratio is a b*tch when most of those rollas are 1000kg or LESS :o]

I cant tell you how stiff the competition is between the 20V and the Runx'. I've got to be careful sometimes when i see lights appear in the back flashing. Alot of them have got TONS of work done, and one shift out of lift means its OVER...

Hehe, that is weak, I don't rate 20Vs at all, so they must have some serious mods over there to give the RunX a good go. I think you need to get serious and look at a Blitz supercharger or at least a good ECU to show these tryhard AE86 clowns how it is done, old school doesnt cut it unless it is a Hemi :ph34r: (and yes 20Vs are old school now, 15 years old now i think)

ok yeah thats a bit far lol!

ahhhh .. youll be right ... im sure your sat nav will get you there ! :)

LOL! yeah! :)

well in SA 20v motors came in the 1998/99 model corolla