Sportivo no more ...

Romp

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i bought me car late last year....they are already saying that Australia will stop bringing in the stivos. who knows....maybe they will bring in the compressors. haha :D

Aus stop bringing the Sportivo because it no longer pass the new 2006 emission test. The 1ZZ-FE engine has to de-tune to 93kW in order to pass the new standard.

Aus stop bringing the Sportivo because it no longer pass the new 2006 emission test. The 1ZZ-FE engine has to de-tune to 93kW in order to pass the new standard.

This is not true, I work at TMCA and the news is that the other rollas wern't selling as expected

due to the high sales of the Sportivo over the last 3 yrs. There will be a new Sportivo released

in Aus but theres no word on when, I'll keep yas informed.

Its in the past now my son!

oousss puuhhh oousss puuhhh "Corzza" oousss puuhhh oousss puuhhh "I am your Father"! :D

That is quite possibly the nerdiest thing i have ever seen :blink: not cool

"Search your feelings Corzza, you know it is the truth"

But the Ford XR5 is very tempting, and the rap it got on "TOP GEAR" uk show is excellent. Chassis by Mazda, Engine by Volvo, the rest by Ford.

And it also handles like a corolla could only ever dream about. How was it on Top Gear when the bloody thing had so much grip and chasis rigidity that it was lifting wheels as he through it around. Have to wait to see the price though! Replacing the family car SP23 with it has crossed my mind a couple of times!

This is not true, I work at TMCA and the news is that the other rollas wern't selling as expected

due to the high sales of the Sportivo over the last 3 yrs. There will be a new Sportivo released

in Aus but theres no word on when, I'll keep yas informed.

I have been told that this is TRUE by my Dad who also works for TMCA. The Sportivo will not be available in any market except for Japan as it does not meet EURO III emision standards which come into effect this year.

Toyota are not willing to spend the money on the re-devlopment of the 2zz motor to meet the new standards as the Celica will be scratched also & therefore demand does not justify the expense.

To say that the other Rolla's haven't met sales expectations is incorrect. Perhaps you should take a look at the figures for the last year of car sales & you will see that the Corolla is the NUMBER ONE selling Toyota in the country, Sportivo's are only a very small portion of these sales. How can being NUMBER ONE not meet their expectation considering Toyota had their biggest year ever in this country.

TOYOTA SALES FOR 2005 - 202817 NEW CARS, with the Corolla being the number one selling vehicle for Toyota, 46415 for the year. Thats an average of 3868 Corolla's a month. I don't have the figures in front of me but less than 100 of these a month would be Sportivo's.

Also, there are no plans for a new Sportivo at present, If the decision is made to introduce a new sports Corolla & give it a Sportivo nameplate it will not have a 2zz powerplant.

Also, for anyone that thinks we will get the Compressor, they are wrong. 250 were made in total for the European market only & I'd say they would have sold by now. Even if there were more available, which there isn't I doubt Toyota would bring them in as historically speaking Toyota in Australia have had very little sucess with Supercharged/Turbo vehicles.

so toyota are not bringing out another sprts model? How boring! <_<

That's right, soon there will be no more Celica or MR-S either. As well as this there will be no more V6 Camry when the new model arrive's shortly, only the 2.4 Litre 4 Cylinder that is currenlty availble. The V6 will be used in the Avalon & RAV4 only when the new models arrive later in the year. This means that Toyota will have nothing even remotely sporty for some time. I have heard rumor that the 2.4 will fit in the new model but this is only a rumor.

If you drive past the Toyota Australia Office in Sydney you can see in the showroom that they have some "SCION" models on display. Maybe, just maybe they might start producing these in right hand drive for our market but I doubt it. Once again this is probably to expensive.

So much for shedding their "CARDIGAN" image.

If I could only afford the IS250, now that's a sexy looking machine. B) B)

Whats a SCION??

SCION is a range of Toyota vehicles distributed currenlty in the USA only, they are marketed towards the 18-30 yr old age group. Try logging on to Toyota USA website

They are hugely popular with TUNER's over there with whole cars shows dedicated to just SCION. There is 2 door coupe in the range that runs the 2.4 litre from the Camry.

WARNING - They are strange looking cars in standard form but the Americans love em & I have seen many modded examples that are pretty cool.