Runx RSI vs GolfV GTI

Greek

eg, why bother buying a sportivo for "performance" when for $5K on top of the price of a new ascent, you can have an ascent which will wipe the floor with Northy's sportivo... ;)

Now rollamods ..... as good as it must feel to wipe the floor with northy's sportivo .... it mustnt be much of a match up considering corey's car doesnt have an engine .... so that doesnt say much for ur ascent :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ........ Flame suit on :P :P :P

Now, of course, this didn't come from me, because I fully empathise with Northy's situation, but Evil Buddha couldn't help himself and made some comment about Xoom needing the flame suit because of the reported light show at the time of Northy's motor's demise. ;)

Edited by Buddha

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't want to argue with anybody and im open to hearing everyone's comments with respect but, You sound like a non-toyota fan which is a first and i think your still forgetting the point that gti is turbo and sportivo isnt, gti is 150kg's heavier and sportivo isn't. Stock standard, gti might be a little quicker but what im trying to say is that, if you put both cars into tuning, i say that sportivo would come out more effective. I've been driving since i was 14. I am young but i am definately not inexperienced. Can you see a gti without a turbo anywhere near good as the sportivo? Because i can't. Ofcourse it's going to take a while for me to get started with the tuning because i don't want to do any mods or even go hard on the throttle before 4-5000 kms. Personally i even think that if the sportivo was a little lower and had 1 size bigger rims, it would look hotter than the 5th gen golf gti. That's just personal opinions but as i was saying, im trying to decide which modification parts im thinking of buying as im still not sure if i should go with a s/c or a turbo, but im leaning more on the turbo. Im definately going 18's from the Fabulous range but the first 2 mods for the car is wheels and some adjustable suspension. I'll paste some pics of the wheels im thinking of buying. Open for all ideas, cheers Buri :)

Have to be in agreeance with rollamods here, you sound a bit on the 'missguided' side here mate. Regardless of driving experience, if you are buying a new car, you need to come to an understanding of the potential of the vehicle. The stivo for example...this is a car that comes stock with a reasonable engine, however poor transmission thanks to the clutch issue and i would say somewhat nasty suspension. Take a look at the users on this site as an example - they have not chopped into forced induction mods or engine internals for a reason. That sort of crap is extremely costly for these cars and basically it does not justify when you can get far superior performance cars for the amount of cash you need to sink in the stivo. If you do really care about performance then forget a set of 18's, they are for clowns, they are too heavy unless you have a spare 4k for some Enkeis. Spend the money where you get the most worth, as well as on aspects of the vehicle that are lesser in strength. I mentioned the mediocre stock sussy, a new setup there is a most worthy investment and will greatly improve the drivability of the vehicle. Aftermarket clutches seem to also have gotten a good appraisal. Start of with some basic mods, like intake and slight exhaust mods, so you understand really how the car behaves to modifications. If you are still so naive to think that sinking $10k of forced induction work into a stivo is worth it...go and find some people who really know about cars and they will crucify any super or turbo charged (sub $50k worth of work of course :P ) stivo with a $10k worth mid 90's FWD car varying from older rollas, to Daihatsu Charades. And these older cars will still most definitely outlast the somewhat negligable build quality of the sportivos.

This sounds like your first car man, so don't be a clown and go blowing $40k on it after you figure out it doesnt cut it and you can only resell it for $20k. Understand that the stivo will never be an F1 car or a show car, they are good for a bit of a thrash and look the part, but IMHO it isnt worth taking it any further than that.

Apologies to seasoned stivo owners on here, they are not as bad as i have made out, but Mr 18s Turbo'd sportivo here needs to understand some basic concepts of vehicle ownership for the car enthusiast.

I totally respect your opinions and you are right on some of those points but im only thinking of adding a supercharger later on if i feel that the car needs it. Im going with cai and exhaust first to see how it starts to open up, powerwise. Ofcourse s.c isn't cheap but im only willing to add a supercharger if i really want to get my hands dirty in the garage. The first thing im adding to the car is either a new suspension setup with wheels or a cai with an exhaust system. I just want to make the thing lower first, because in some angles, the car looks horrible with that height. A supercharger or even a turbo is a long way ahead. Not money wise but because the car is new and decisions of reselling later on. I just want it to make a little faster and have fun with it.

there's a few FWD golf's with R32 engines in them... they go ok for a NA apart from the wheelspin :D

Forget gti's, but im honestly in love with the r32s. They look and sound so unique. But the price tag is the negative side.

3lt V6 quattro!

sounds the bomb!

When i get my black sportivo corolla delivered in 2 months, i want to make the car as low as the photochopped sportivo looks here. I've seen similar rims to those in the picture but what size do you think i would have to get the rims to make it look like this?

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/uplo...06_188_9765.jpg

I have a mate in south africa who has a gTI hes got a chip in it and just the chip gave him and extra 20kw!

Golf GTI 5

147kw @ 5100

280Nm @ 1800 -5000

0-100 6.9 sec!

NEWS FLASH!!!

Dastech chip pushes the G5 to 190kw....270km/h top end

Edited by Greek

Another thing to consider and factor in is the fact the GTi is endowed with a superior chassis.

Not only does this mean better cornering, but importantly for this thread, much better straight line traction. :rolleyes:

well there you go 190kw fly! dont knw what chip he was running but he had an extra 20kw atw on the dyno

and this was done at Chip logic in joburg.they deal with opel,vw,audi,porshe,bmw etc

@ IZZ-FE so true!!!

Greek if you want your RSI to fly go here!

http://www.chiplogic.co.za/

one of the very best in the market!

well there you go 190kw fly! dont knw what chip he was running but he had an extra 20kw atw on the dyno

Are you suggesting that its hard to gain 20kws with a chip and its tuning on a corolla sportivo?

I'll definately say it's very difficult to gain 20kw with a chip and it's tuning on a sportivo! on a GTI it's very easy.

Do a little research and look at the gains people here have obtained with their unichips, powerfc etc.

im talking about the GTI not sure what type of gains you will get from a stivo with a chip as the stivo is tuned well stock anyway. most of these turbo cars are down tuned

OK

we know toyotas are better.... :P

So what was the result?? ( of the original post )

Did not run due to rain. Will definately run before Saturday. Will post results as well as video clips. Make or break..its all in the fun of it!!

and this was done at Chip logic in joburg.they deal with opel,vw,audi,porshe,bmw etc

@ IZZ-FE so true!!!

Greek if you want your RSI to fly go here!

http://www.chiplogic.co.za/

one of the very best in the market!

Hi Corzza,

Know the guy mate. His name is OB. He started of with Class Auto Tuning in pmb and then moved up to Kayalami in JHB. Still has the Pmb branch which is run by his brother. Heard the dastech does not do much to a XRSI (stivo). From what I have read, it will be better to put in a Greddy Ultima!!!

Whats your feels mate.

Greek

yeah i agree! or the apexi unit which is good.

I knw that OB as done a few with good results! we had a dyno day there in july! hes a very clever chap!

his work is awsome!

Make or break..its all in the fun of it!!

And that's what it's about, it doesn't matter who wins as long as you've had fun in the process and practiced your skills at the right place (On the track). If you do win it's just a bonus and bragging rights :D

Good Luck, have fun. ;)

otherwise wahts the point!

Thats why ppl buy sprts cars!

very true. This 2 months is killn me. Such a long wait for my sportivo. What do u think of the new sti? i thought it was gay when i first saw it in pictures, but it's a real stunner at real life. Love it and even though i love evo's i prefer new sti over the new evo ix anyday!!!! 500cc more and 400nm to play with :) Im planning to buy in a few years time :)

Edited by Buri_Sportivo

otherwise wahts the point!

Thats why ppl buy sprts cars!

very true. This 2 months is killn me. Such a long wait for my sportivo. What do u think of the new sti? i thought it was gay when i first saw it in pictures, but it's a real stunner at real life. Love it and even though i love evo's i prefer new sti over the new evo ix anyday!!!! 500cc more and 400nm to play with :) Im planning to buy in a few years time :)

Even though it has 500cc its still slower than the evo IX

Edited by NIKICH