Potential Wheels

RedLiner

Mate, IMO those wheels are not cool, too try hard race style. If your car was actually really quick, it might suit, but otherwise...

Also, i would be wary of Tempe tyres, they look like top deals...but the wheels they supply are generally mediocre quality and the tyres the supply with the packages are $hit.

You are better off paying a few hundred more, getting some decent, long lasting, rice free 17's with a good set of tyres, personally i think the tyre is far more important than the wheel, the wheels are just for looks, don't forget this. If you want something you can jack off over, then buy some 19" chromies (if that is what floats your boat) and some piece of $hit budget tyres that will send into the first telegraph pole you come across once you drive out of the tyre joint.

Mate, IMO those wheels are not cool, too try hard race style. If your car was actually really quick, it might suit, but otherwise...

Also, i would be wary of Tempe tyres, they look like top deals...but the wheels they supply are generally mediocre quality and the tyres the supply with the packages are $hit.

You are better off paying a few hundred more, getting some decent, long lasting, rice free 17's with a good set of tyres, personally i think the tyre is far more important than the wheel, the wheels are just for looks, don't forget this. If you want something you can jack off over, then buy some 19" chromies (if that is what floats your boat) and some piece of $hit budget tyres that will send into the first telegraph pole you come across once you drive out of the tyre joint.

Gees, why don't you tell us how you really feel? :P

I don't see how "race style" rims wouldn't suit a sportivo.

I quite like those rims, I'm looking at a similar design but in bronze for my silver sportivo too. But the ones I'm looking at are higher quality (damn expensive too)

And the tyre can always be replaced, or buy without tyres save a couple of bucks and take the rims to a real tyre dealer.

hey bud....

saw the exact same wheels on ebay brand new .... k speed is the brand i think.... at an ebay shop called wheels online... they come in a gold too and i reckon they're sexy rims....

if you like them go for it...

well it comes down to if you like it ..

they definately caught my eye when I first came across them ...

and yes you can just buy it without the rubber... or change rubber after the crappy ones wear out !

as long as you are happy with them .. coz your the one driving them !

Another thing to check is that these rims come in the correct offset for the corolla. I assume they are 7" wide so they will need to be +45 or +43 (then you shouldnt have any problems with rubbing) :)

i've gota silva rolla too and IMO quite like those rims. i got a set of k-speed from Tempe too (k-speed circlar dark bronze)

Tempe is not bad. just be smart with them cause they will usually always give you lower quality tyres if you ask for a better price. ask what tyres you will get first hten ask for the discount. :D

I got a set of Nankang tyres. after driving around with them for a week (after they're scrubbed in) they are not that good. they are not terrible either but compared to the stock Toranza tyres they are crap. until they're scrubbed in they seem to float on their treads alot.

now, they are noisey through corners (due to the tread pattern). Turn-in is not too bad but they are by no-means a performance tyre. so it's up to you what you want.

like some of the others said, you can take the wheel to a better tyre shop if that's what you want.

P.S glad to see others voicing their honest opions. the last thing we want is everyone blowing sunshine up our a*rse everytime we ask for an opinion. :)

Are you serious, I didn't realise that your car had to do the quarter mile in a certain time before I could put light weight race rims on my car. Here I was thinking that if I lightened my car than maybe I would get a bit better performance, maybe the secret to better performance is putting a 6" canon out the back of my car & then weighing it down with a whole bunch of doof doof gear. Or maybe I should spend $100 dollars on spark plugs, now that's the way to increase performance

Can you tell me how fast I have to be before I can use race style rims. If I'm not fast enough I will have to sell my rims.

I think the tyres are more important than the rims...

ill definately be getting quality tyres......

Bridgestones......cos the Toyota F1 team uses them :lol:

I have Bridgestone Potenza GIII 215/45/17 & on Enkei RP03 Light weight forged rims. I think these tyres are excellent. On top of giving good grip wet & dry they wear very well. They may be twice as much as cheaper tyres but they last twice as long & give better grip.

Also, if you are serious about performance then your wheel choice is just as important as your tyre choice. My suggestion is you find the lightest wheel you can in the style you like & if you can afford it I would buy forged rims over cast. I also think that a race style rim looks far better on the Corolla than any type of Bling Bling rim. Chromies only really suit expensive Euro's done in Pimp Style.

Rims are very personnal choice for your vehicle & everyone has there own idea of what looks cool.

Can you tell me how fast I have to be before I can use race style rims. If I'm not fast enough I will have to sell my rims.

Gold. :D

Be careful that the rims are strong too, last thing you want is a cracked rim. sometimes its worth paying that little bit extra.

Gold. :D

Be careful that the rims are strong too, last thing you want is a cracked rim. sometimes its worth paying that little bit extra.

Cheers :D :D

Thats why forged are better than cast

post-1500-1139916440_thumb.jpg

Here is the white version....reckon they suit silver???

hey there,

gosh...this WHITE one is exactly what i'm looking for in the design. been searching high and low and i did not wanna spend that much on Buddy Clubs. do they deal this to Melbourne? how much do you reckon they cost?

cheers!

Kelvin

post-1500-1139916440_thumb.jpg

Here is the white version....reckon they suit silver???

hey there,

gosh...this WHITE one is exactly what i'm looking for in the design. been searching high and low and i did not wanna spend that much on Buddy Clubs. do they deal this to Melbourne? how much do you reckon they cost?

cheers!

Kelvin

if it's through Tempe Tyres they will deliver

check out Tempe Tyres web site