2003 corolla Sportivo rev limit? Is every gear different? Do all Aus models have same RPM limit? cheers

Give the doors a shake and see if the interior light(set to door) flickers at all. If they are bad enough, a breeze can be enough to trigger them.

Door_Switch.jpg

No idea why the remote wouldn't turn it off. Is the battery flat?

That's a point I'm interested as well to know. Even if a door or bonnet switch is released the remote should cancel the alarm when it's button pressed 

50 minutes ago, SA22C-RX said:

And would you happen to know why I couldn't switch the alarm off with the key remote? Thanks again.

Awesome thanks I'll give it a go tomorrow. See what happens. Battery in remote is good I would assume. Buttons always work with in 10-15 metres of car. Car battery is brand new, purchased yesterday.

I'll make a decent paper clip pin to unlock the siren again n make sure i can switch it on off with ease. I'll connect earth back to bonnet switch, I'll check door n boot switches for discrepancy and I'll see what happens, I'll do a few tests n write down exactly what happens and I'll try turning the siren onto the 2nd ON position to see if that changes anything =]

Edited by SA22C-RX

21 hours ago, SA22C-RX said:

And would you happen to know why I couldn't switch the alarm off with the key remote? Thanks again.

systems that can only be turned off by the little key that goes into the siren housing. The remote fob will not cancel the alarm when a serious intrusion such as a wire being cut, the only way to cancel it is to use the key into siren. 

The bonnet pin switch could be the issue setting off the alarm. Can you disconnect it from the system?

metal pin switches are known to corrode get stuck and then give false alarms

Sorry for no feedback lately. I got hit hard with food poisoning over the long weekend, so I've been a bit busy. I haven't had time yo do any further investigating but I will in future, thanks to Fupo and Trent for your help. Fupo I'm just glad I know the alarm siren actually sounds now so not in to much of a rush to troubleshoot its faults yet you know. Thanks a lot mate, really appreciate it. Without you, I wouldn't have got it to go off lol.