Time Spent Waiting

Hi Guys, This is my first post.I just got my black Sportivo and is it great. I only got it on Friday 5-12. The only complaint I have is I ordered the car on September 20.When I checked the VIN plate I was amazed to discover the car was made about 3 weeks after I bought it. But now I have it I can say the wait was well worth it. :D

Why does it take so long for Toyota to deliver these vehicles? Is it a matter of supplying a huge demand or is it a slow production problem in South Africa. I live in western Sydney and have only seen 2 Sportivos, a blue and a black.There does not seem to be too many around in my part of the world so I dont think there is a big demand.

I ordered mine in Oct and it's only coming in Jan!! <_<

Not happy but what can u do about it right??

:blink:

My guess for the long delay is TOO much demand for Black...

I wanted a Black or Blue but the wait was too long <_< (i needed to get rid of my Falcon b4 rego finished).

I pick mine up at Castle Hill off the showroom floor, 2nd week Sept.

V. happy with my beast :D I guess can live with white. ;)

Iorman

If you really wanted a black Sportivo why didnt you wait.I considerd another colour but I knew I would have regretted it in the long term.

Well Mr duck,

I didn't wanna fork out the cost of re-rego my 96 Falcon + pink slip and getting the thing re-service. that would have been a $2,000 cost for 2-3 months. the cost of running the falcon got too much compair it to the rolla, it cheaper. I guess the sooner i got it the better. :D

anyway white was my 3rd choice. If i get sick of white I'll spray it with a green/ blue pearl or put some big TRD vinals on it... :P

Lorman

I understand Iorman. The rego was just about due on my trade in.If I did not recieve my Sportrivo the week I got it. I was considering cancelling the order .After waiting 2.5 months I was quite entitled to do so.Like you I did not want to re-register my old car.

i waited 2 months for mine, over the period i had crazy thoughts in my mind whether i should have bought the Ford Focus or the Astra Turbo coz the Motor Mag did that hot hatch comparison 3 weeks after i bought my sportivo

That hot hatch comparisons had the opposite effect on me. I was looking at getting an Astra Turbo. Bought a few mags to read tests and reviews on the Astra. Seemed like a great car - always came out on top in the comparisons and even cleaned up in the Bang-for-your-Bucks in Motor. Never thought about getting a Sportivo until I read a few of the comparison reviews. It was always beaten by the Astra, but it seemed like it would be fun to drive. I seemed to be drawn to liking the thing that all testers criticised about the Sportivo - it had a 'Jekyll and Hyde' character. Narrow power band - no torque down low. Competant under 6000 revs but explosive over that.

Anyone can drive a car fast that's got plenty of torque. Change gears at 4000, 5000, 6000 whatever - doesn't really matter. Even stuff a gear change it doesn't matter. In a Sportivo it does. You need to concentrate and keep your eye on the tacho and know what gear you're in. I'm glad I bought the Corolla instead of the Astra - it's a real challenge to drive quickly and keep on the boil. Christ, it's fun to drive!

And I saved $7000 as well.

Luckily I only had to wait a month for mine. If anyone is waiting longer than that - don't worry it's worth it!

rjt double ditto... The Astra Turbo I have to say was cool.. But how much damn fun are these Stivos... Plus you get a coupla extra doors thrown in... I definitely made the right decision...

BTW I waited 2 days for mine... My dealer had 2 black ones in stock... :D

:lol: I totally agree!

think about this, $7000 differences. you can mod your sportivo with the extra cash u have AND eat astra turbos for breakfast! B)

Also I think it good for the insurance. Myself being a 20yo, a turbo 3dr hatch would have cost me TOO much(even with 45% no claim :blink: ).

you can mod your sportivo with the extra cash u have

hey lorman,

You married??

>>>Marriage Lesson

If you save money by buying a cheaper car for yourself, that saved money is not yours to spend modifying the cheaper car. It becomes hers.

>>>End Lesson.

I did manage to get some Kings Springs and 17x7 ROH SC Blades though ;)

Thinking about a CAI now after all the positive talk in the group.

I waited a month for my Sportivo, that was my choice. Im very happy with my car i have had it for 6 weeks now, i still havent hit lift yet but at 5 - 5 1/2 rpm i can get past what i need to. What ****** me off was the dealer drove my car from dealership to another (32KMs).

I have read some of your problems and i have experienced 1 of them only. The brakes in reverse. But i have found that when u use the brake once or twice the noise stops. I dont know if you guys have the same experience.

No too many people know about the sportivo down from where i am, so when i get to the lights they look and think what a hoon for doing up a rolla.

Has anyone else had the same thing happen to them?

The noise when reversing is not actually when ur in reverse. It happens when the car rolls backwards. My car makes the same noise going forward too. Only when u roll very slowly it squeels.

My Rolla came in about 3 weeks. Pretty happy about that. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm interesting.

I ordered my Sportivo Dec. 15th & picked it up Dec. 30th. By chance one had touched down & was being held in Customs when I enquired.

Black exterior w/ Mica Metallic Paint Finish. Had a Sat. Nat. unit & tow bar fitted as well. Should have got the sports pedals :angry:

Demand imo would be high but it has nothing to do with a slow production process coming out of South Africa. I know how Toyota manufactuirng works its a Global system & platforms they use - they would churn out x amounts of cars daily on a consistent basis - at full capacity. It is def. a demand thing.