In Dash Six Stacker - Part 2

I know i have brought this topic up before, but toyota installed a new 6 stacker for me and i have the same exact problem, it starts skipping after a while when playing burnt cd's.

Has anyone else had this problem with the stock deck? Maybe its just that they dont play CD'R's

If your not having problems with burnt cd's what brand/type of cd are you using???

Please Help! This is driving me insane to the point i wanna dump their 6 stacker on the doorstep of the dealership and buy an aftermarket deck.

Cheers,

Chris

hmmmm interesting i have used all sorts of burnt CD's in my car. Although i have made a habit of not burning music over 4X even though the media supports faster (upto 52X) and my burner can do faster (upto 20X) with music its not the same as data and i have noticed with music that ive burnt @ max speed it cauzes it to skip even on my home stereo. I mainly use Verbatim's, imations(if im desperate) and TDK's but if i cant find these i use whatever i can find. What speed are your burning @ and possibly is ur burner the problem ? Borrow a music CD burnt by some1 else on different brand of media that u use and get them to do it at a slow speed 4X or 8X i would recommend @ 4X and see how you go. But at the moment no troubles here.

Cheers

Bill

i use Imation (what's wrong with them Bill? :P :lol: ) and they work perfectly fine.

I don't have any problems what so ever with them. I burn at max speed using Nero. I usually do CD to CD copy.

No skipping or anything with the stock head unit.

Maybe you have short circuits occuring within the car, causing the headunit to skip? Does it turn on and off by itself for no reason sometimes?

-Chris

Chris:

Nah, its stays on but it just skips.

Maybe they took my old unit out confused it with the new one and refitted it again!

Or maybe i just have really bad luck and copped 2 dud head units :(

I use benq, ricoh, tdk...whatever i can get my hands on really

They play fine most of the time but occasionally i get weird "DISC ERR" messages when i start up my car and the stacker attempts to resume playing. If I change to the next cd and back again, it becomes all good;

Mike

Pecker -

Might well be the quality of the media you are using or your burner?

I have got a few cd's in my car that are burnt at the moment and they all use **** quality cd-r's like Go Tech other assorted ones that come in the 100 Spindle pack. They all seem to work fine for me.

I will say however that i did use to have the problem with an old head unit that i bought that simply didn't like reading cd-r's unless i especially went out and bought the AUDIO cd-r's (although they are probably a couple of dollars more expensive) which have an extra protective layer i believe?

Anyways... just a couple of things to look at. Maybe try getting someone else to burn you a cd... or try a different brand and finally the audio cd-r's. I'm not really that sure that they offer that much more (the AUDIO cd-r's) but its worth a try if you don't want to switch Head Units again.

i can tell you now that it is most probably your burner. or maybe the software you are using. if you are using cd creator or any obscure program change to nero now. trust me i work with computers and have tried every burning programme available, nero is the best.

with burners they can get wear and tear on them, especially if you do constantly burn at top speed. my old burner when it clapped out used to start burning and then say there was an error with the disc mid burn, or it would say successful burn and then not play on any mediium barring the computer. my suggestion would be to buy an new 48speed burner which cost around 60 bucks now and when you burn anything burn it at 24x that will prolong the life of your burner and also almost guarantee that you wont have problems on your deck.

as for your deck, it is impossible to have this problem with the deck alone as all cd players which are manufactured now are all cdr and cdrw compatible.

hope this helps

hmm...

im using a new sony 52x burner with nero 6 ultra...

i have even tried audio only CD's...

maybe i will burn a few at my mates place, could be a dud burner, if so toyota wasted a perfectly good deck the first time...

When i rang my dealership no one was sure if it could play CD-R's.

Anyway thanks for all the advice guys....

that could be your problem right there

sony have always had a problem with compatability. they are very strict on copyright laws and hence always release products which are hard or impossible to produce or play illegal copies of anything. origanlly when dvd players came out sony were the only ones which could not be multizoned, etc. they are better now but as a rule the only sony products i am willing to buy are things that i would never need to do anything "illegal" on them.

Although i must say that a friend has a sony dvd burner and never has any probs

i would go with a computer brand for the burner, and i usually always use tdk cds, ive just never had any probs with them.

or maybe you are just the unluckiest son of a that i have ever heard of...

I agree with mickeyq. I work for a media wholesale company and come accross this sort of stuff all the time. Sony are by far the most pickey buners in the world!

To let you know. if you want a good quality media that is not retailed packaged, Taiyo Yuden make one of the best discs out there. they are the original inventers of the CDR and almost all burners are tested using these discs. they are Made in Japan so they tend to be a little more expensive.

back to the topic, can anyone else use CDRW's on their head unit? i can used cdr but not cdrws! maybe it's just the brand i'm using.