Hydraulic Engine Mount for v6 Camry Touring sedan

virginia63

On 4/13/2017 at 9:26 AM, virginia63 said:

According to the receipt he gave me he changed the fuel filter. uAlso, I just got a message from the new mechanic; my car arrived there just before and he said it was running again this morning at the tow yard. The roadside assist guy told me yesterday (and I think it was said in an earlier post^) that fuel pumps have a habit of dying and resurrecting before stopping completely? Then again, apparently there are another couple of things that can cause this. I just hope we get to the bottom of it. I haven't felt confident getting in it ever since I bought him it home from Mr rogue. [edit- strikethrough]

There are 2 filters on this car. One on the pump that is a co**** filter, and one under the bonnet. Watch out removing the clip holding the one under the bonnet. Hard to get off and will take off like a rocket never to be found again. It is a unique clip that gets the universal instruction on removing clips which is: "Remove the clip."

Remove this clip, right. Anyhow I haven’t had to do it but thanks for the tip  

The stalling issue turned out to be nothing to do with pumps or filters but an issue in the idle air control valve. I just manage it by revving lightly in the driveway for a few minutes until it catches on; a bit like warming up the old cars with chokes. I’ll have to see to it sooner or later. It doesn’t happen all that often. 

1 hour ago, joeallen said:

There are 2 filters on this car. One on the pump that is a co**** filter, and one under the bonnet. Watch out removing the clip holding the one under the bonnet. Hard to get off and will take off like a rocket never to be found again. It is a unique clip that gets the universal instruction on removing clips which is: "Remove the clip."

Sorry I replied to you above but forgot to quote your post. Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, virginia63 said:

an issue in the idle air control valve.

Do a Google search and you will find some YouTube videos on how to clean the idle air control valve plus also clean the throttle body.

5 minutes ago, campbeam said:

Do a Google search and you will find some YouTube videos on how to clean the idle air control valve plus also clean the throttle body.

I will check it out and see if I can wrap my head around it lol. Cheers. 

23 hours ago, joeallen said:

The kit had 11 parts, all sourced from Japan or US. Water pump was chinese. The belt is quiet. Original belt was in fairly decent shape. I put the wp in later as it required a lot more disassembly of the motor. The kit was from a California supplier on ebay. I hope the reply is not too late.

Thanks Joe, I ended getting the complete Gates kit w/o the water pump as I already had a genuine pump sourced from the US months earlier at a good price. Despite the oem warranty of the belt, ie: 10yrs/150K kms the belt has started to make the cricket/rattle racket they're known for because of the hard material they're made of & will soon be swapped out for genuine parts to be covered by Gates themselves ! The genuine stuff is made in Japan not Taiwan which is where the Gates stuff comes from. Very annoying & a damn nuisance.

Note to self - ALWAYS buy genuine Timing Belt associated gear - ALWAYS !

Edited by ZZT86

On 4/11/2017 at 7:19 PM, joeallen said:

I changed my struts all around recently and put KYBs on the Camry. Same year as above. The kybs come from the USA. The Touring has stiffer struts all around.

How have you found the KYB's ?

• 3 months later...