Trd shocks and springs

Hi i recently changed over my sportivo zr6 suspension on my 2010 and swaped them over for trd shocks and springs im getting knocking sounds over every bump is it really getting to me mechanic said change the link rods which have been replaced now and still same noise!!!

I also swaped over the bigger rotors and calipers. I read a thread saying people had the same noise and change ball joints and sway bar d bushes and sound was gone. but the thing is that there was no sound before swapping over those parts so i cant see why it would randomly be the lower ball joints or sway bar bushes.

Any suggestions before i go buy 2 new front shocks because also on that thread it said they replaced shocks and still had the same issue.

I might just put the old front shocks and springs back on does anyone know the height difference between the trd aurion and zr6 how much lower is the trd ones thats the only reason i really wanted to swap them over if its not much might just put the zr6 ones back on and stay with that? Any help would be appriciated. 

4 hours ago, Zr6 supercharged said:

What is the spring seat related can you give abit more info on that please.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=coil+spring+seat&_osacat=33590&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcoil+spring+seat+toyota+.TRS0&_nkw=coil+spring+seat+toyota+&_sacat=33590

9 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Sounds possibly shock or maybe spring seat related.

My lunch money [10 cents only] is on the struts bottoming out.

2 hours ago, campbeam said:

So how would you fix the struts bottoming out what are theybbottoming out on though and do u think it has to do with the spring seat

5 hours ago, campbeam said:

My lunch money [10 cents only] is on the struts bottoming out.

If they are the matched pair from the TRD, the strut shouldn't bottom out.

If they were standard length on a lowered spring, I could see this happening.

Oh ok i get it now. Nah they are direct front pair off the trd could it be the lower ball joints and sway bar bushes because now its lower with the trd front shocks because i didnt have that problem with the sportivo shocks or most likely the trd shocks are no good i asked the guy i bought it from he swore they wer fine when he had it no knocking sounds are there any parts that are different on the trd ones that maybe the mechanic didnt swap over like any bushes or extra bits to make it fit on tighter?

Ok so i changed both shocks and springs back over today and its alot better but still have some knocking sounds its driving me crazy. I also noticed on the trd one when i lifted up the black rubber cover on the shock that yellow foam stuff was all riped and just fell out could that be a reason for the bad knocking also ?

42 minutes ago, campbeam said:

Yeh thats the one im pritty sure on both of them they are worn out would that be a reason for them making the knocking sound even going over small bumps? Also just a side note im ordering a boost gauge from speedhut in america its an electronic boost gauge im just wondering will it work on this supercharger i heard that u have to drill into the head and add a fitting or something what does thst mean exactly and is that correct its one of the only things i cant find any info on at all dont want to waste money buying it if it wont work please if u can help me out with that would really appreciate it 

16 hours ago, Zr6 supercharged said:

still have some knocking sounds its driving me crazy.

Previous owner of my Honda Prelude [now sold] told me and demonstrated on test drive a knocking noise from front suspension. I ended up replacing all of the struts swapping them over from a spares rolling body. Knocking noise gone.

Later, I had rear suspension knocking noises that also drove me crazy. I checked the retaining nuts for the strut and all ok. Finally, many months later, it ended up being a broken anti-sway bar. Guess it was making noises until it eventually broke apart.