New/replacement parts for Hayman Reece towbars?

Hi everyone, I've been given a towbar for a 2004 corolla wagon, and need the bolts & mounting plates etc.

I've tried to purchase these from one of their stockists, but was told that Hayman Reece will not sell replacement parts. :o|

Does anyone have any ideas or advice please, e.g. alternative parts, contacts, or should i take the bar to an installer and see if they have parts to fit it?

Advice and suggestions are appreciated, thank you!

• 6 months later...
On 5/23/2018 at 11:35 PM, Sick Puppy said:

Hi everyone, I've been given a towbar for a 2004 corolla wagon, and need the bolts & mounting plates etc.

I've tried to purchase these from one of their stockists, but was told that Hayman Reece will not sell replacement parts. :o|

Does anyone have any ideas or advice please, e.g. alternative parts, contacts, or should i take the bar to an installer and see if they have parts to fit it?

Advice and suggestions are appreciated, thank you!

Bumpage, any no ideas or suggestions on this would be much appreciated please :)

• 3 years later...

I forgot all about this! In the end, I asked my Mechanic, he said no probs, bring it in. So I did, and I now have a working tow bar, which we've even used! He pretty much had to gut the rear of the car to do it, but... [shrug]

5 hours ago, Sick Puppy said:

I forgot all about this! In the end, I asked my Mechanic, he said no probs, bring it in. So I did, and I now have a working tow bar, which we've even used! He pretty much had to gut the rear of the car to do it, but... [shrug]

Having just fitted a towbar to my wagon I can assure you you don't have to remove anything in the rear of the car to fit it .....

Wiring it, on the other hand, does require the disassembly of pretty much all of the trim below the windows and behind the rear seats (as there isn't a dedicated trailer piggyback plug in the wagons unlike the sedans)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 9:56 PM, Hiro said:

Having just fitted a towbar to my wagon I can assure you you don't have to remove anything in the rear of the car to fit it .....

Wiring it, on the other hand, does require the disassembly of pretty much all of the trim below the windows and behind the rear seats (as there isn't a dedicated trailer piggyback plug in the wagons unlike the sedans)

Yeah, I had the tow bar only, so they put in the wiring too. 🙂